I Would Kiss You Even If You Were Dead

~~Vic's POV~~

Walking into Mia's house I noticed how cold and empty it seemed.

"Parents are on another 'business' trip." Mia said as she passed me to walk upstairs.

"Are they ever home?" Jaime said sarcastically.

"Oh no wouldn't want to burden them with my troubles." Mia replied sarcastically as well, walking back down the stairs.

I shook my head and followed her into the living room where Tony sat with Liam on his lap and the T.V. on.

I sat down on the couch by them and watched as Mia continuously walked around the room.

"Mia? Are you okay?" I asked concerned. She seemed to be lost in thought rubbing her bottom lip with her thumb.

She snapped out of it and looked up at me. "Huh? Oh fine, just thinking..." she trailed off before walking into the kitchen.

I got up with a quick "Be back." to the guys and followed Mia.

When I walked into the kitchen she was leaning over the counter and still rubbing her bottom lip.

"Hey you sure you're okay?"

She stood up straight immediately, "Yup."

She turned around and headed for the coffee maker. I went up behind her and she froze in place at my closeness. I turned on the coffee maker and backed away from her apologizing sincerely.

"It's fine. Thanks." She nodded her head at the machine.

"You're welcome." I backed up until I got to the dining table and sat down on one of the chairs.

Mia sat down across from me.

"Vic? Can I ask you a question?" She asked hesitantly.

"Sure, shoot." I said leaning forward with my forearms on the table.

"What exactly happened? When I kicked you out of my house before your accident?"

I sighed and sat back in my seat. I knew I'd have to tell her eventually. I just didn't know how she'd take it.

I shrugged, "Well, I figured I'd let you calm down. So, I was going to go back home, then I saw my car all tagged up. I tried to drive home but my car wouldn't even start. I don't know why but I just decided to walk home. It was starting to get dark so I took a shortcut through an alley, and that's when these huge guys, along with....Matt, showed up and jumped me."

She looked down at the table, pulling at the seams of the table mat. I wanted to get up and hug her, but at the same time I didn't want to scare her.

"It's not your fault." I told her sincerely.

I got up to get her coffee. I set it down in front of her after I had set the machine to make my own cup.

"It is." she said as she slowly grabbed her cup. I brushed her hair out of her face and slowly cupped her cheek, moving her face to look at me.

"No it's not." I sternly told her.

She scrunched her eyebrows together with sorrow in her eyes. "I'm sorry." she whispered so low I almost didn't catch it.

"You have no reason to be sorry." I said as I cupped her other cheek, holding her face in my hands.

"I do. I do Vic, I'm so sorry. It's all my fault. I should've just left things the way they were instead of bringing everyone down with me. I'm such a horribly selfish person." She ranted, shaking her head and looking at the ground.