Tear This Place Apart Until You Find Me Hiding, Silently I Wait

"I still don't understand why you both had to tag along." I told the Fuentes brothers in an attempt to distract myself.

"Mia, we're your friends." Mike answered.

I huffed, "I could've done this by myself."

"I don't think anyone could really do this by themselves." Vic said glancing around the waiting room.

There were a few people but none alone. Everybody had someone with them.

I turned my gaze towards the floor.

Trying my best to ignore the horrible pit in my stomach. My palms were sweaty and my leg was bouncing up and down rapidly with the anxiety I felt.

A hand landed softly on my right knee. I turned slightly to see Vic's small smile as he looked down at me.

I lifted my hand to move his off my knee but settled on running it through my hair.

"Mia Sanchez." My head snapped up as the doctor called my name.

"Yes." I got up immediately to follow her.

Vic walked with me.

"You don't need to go in with me."

He gave me a pleading look. I sighed and let him come along.

The doctor led us into a room.

"Alright, Mia how are you doing today?"

"Fine."

She nodded, "I see you're here for a pregnancy test?"

"Yes."

"Alright then, how would you like to do this?"

"I just want to be a hundred percent sure." I spoke quietly, my voice breaking.

"Of course. Well then I'm going to have you take a urine test and if you like I could take a blood test."

"Yes, I'll take both." 

"Okay, here you go." She gave me a cup to pee in.

"Once you're done with that we"ll get a blood sample."

I nodded and walked towards the restrooms.

I did my business and walked back to give the doctor the cup. She had a nurse take it, before taking my blood.

"I'll get this to the lab and be back in a few minutes."

She left the room.

"How are you doing?"

I looked Vic in the eye before answering, "I feel like I'm going to burst into tears any second."

He pulled me into a hug,

"Oh Mia, I'm so sorry."

"I just don't know what to do. What would I do."

"You would let me and everyone else help you out. We would get through this."

I held him close too scared to let go.

...

"Well I've got the test results and they all conclude that you're...not pregnant."

I let out the breath I was holding in. Vic hugged me tightly.

"Oh thank god." I started breathing heavily. Relieved with the news.

The doctor smiled at me. "I'm glad to see you've recieved the news you were hoping for."

"Yes, thank you so much doctor."