So Don't You Forget What We Had, It's Like I Was Never Even There

"He moved." I breathed out.

Mike jumped up immediately, "What!?"

"He moved!" I yelled excitedly.

"Doctor! Nurse! Somebody!" Mike yelled out in the hall.

A nurse came in irritated at Mike yelling out. "What's wrong?" she asked.

"He moved his fingers!" I told her jumping up and down excitedly.

She nodded and walked out to get the doctor, but not before looking at Vic sceptically. She came back a minute later with a doctor.

"So the patient moved, you say?" He asked us. We nodded furiously at him. He walked over to Vic and started to check the machines and everything else. "Hmm well I don't see much difference but judging from what you told us, he may have a chance in waking up soon." He informed us.

"Really!?" Mike and I asked excitedly.

"Yes, but you never know. So don't get your hopes up." He warned us sternly.

We nodded not really paying attention to him, we were just happy that Vic seemed to be getting cose to waking.

Mike and I called his parents, Jaime, and Tony after the doctor and nurse had left. They were all excited but also seemed somewhat guarded. I shook it off, too happy to care much.

When visiting hours were over Mike drove me home, he thought of leaving but asked if he could stay over. I said he could and he called his parents. He told me he wnted to be closer to Vic and my house was the closest to the hospital. We ate some food and walked up to my room.

"Well, goodnight." I said as we reached my door, my hand on the doorknob.

"Wait Mia." Mike stopped me from turning the knob. I turned to him, "Yeah?" I asked confused as to what he wanted.

"Can I -um- sleep with you?" he asked me. I looked at him in shock. Did he just ask me that!?

"Woah, no, no not like that." He said waving his arms around. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

"Oh uh then uh why?" I asked confused.

"I-I I don't know I just have this weird feeling that you need me." He tried to explain but that just make me even more confused.

"What? Um no I'm okay right now." I said kindly.

"Please Mia it'll make me feel alot better and help me sleep." Mike begged.

This is weird. I thought about it for a it before nodding my head and letting him in my room.

"I'll just- uh- sleep on the floor." Mike mumbled heading over to the side of my bed.

"What!? No, I'm sure you'll hurt your back sleeping on the hardfloor. You can sleep on my bed." I said mumbling the last part I didn't want him to think that I liked him in that way.

"Um I don't know Mia." Mike said hesitantly.

"No it's okay. Um as long as we both know that we're just friends right?" I asked him.

"Of course! No Mia I don't see you in that way at all! No offense." Mike sighed in relief causing me to do the same.

"Thank god. That would've been awkward." I said sitting on my bed.

"I know what you mean. In truth Mia I just see you as a friend, my best friend actually. I feel like in the past few months we got so much closer. Mike told me sitting down next to me on the bed.