Wattpad Original
There are 15 more free parts

Ch. 17: Ammo

Nicolai

The only thing I've been able to think about since I left the park is Sutton. First, how she didn't back down from me, how she met my challenge and pressed that sweet mouth to mine.

To have her kiss me felt like the most out of reach dream I've ever had coming true.

But when she wrapped those thick thighs around my waist and pulled me against her...and I felt how wet she was for me, I was fucking gone. I could've stayed there all night with her and fucked her right on that brick wall for everybody and the NYPD to see.

But that fucking phone call that interrupted us is one that couldn't wait. As hard as it was (literally) to tear myself away from her, I had no choice.

And then, I couldn't just leave while I was ahead. I had to go and mention her father in a negative light and piss her off. I should've known better than to do that. He's the only parent she has left; she's not going to want to hear anything about him that could prove that he's anything less than the father she knows and loves.

And I can't fucking stand that prick Jason. I'll make an asshole comment about him anytime I get a chance. And that never goes over well either.

But that comment about her being a puppet? Being a dick on purpose should be a new side hustle for me because I am fucking good at it. That was a cheap jab that I knew would hurt her. Because that's what she's always been afraid of being. She's never wanted to just be another little porcelain doll for the Ring. And she doesn't deserve to be. She deserves to be free. I believe that probably even more than she does.

And fuck, I hated myself for being turned on when she smacked me in the face. What kind of fucked up shit is that? But to see her stand up for herself, for what she believes...to be angry enough to come after even me...it's sexy as hell.

And now, I'm meeting Ezra at some seedy warehouse in Queens so we can chase a lead he said was urgent and could not wait.

So I'm still adjusting my cock behind my zipper as I park my car a little way from the warehouse, trying to push all thoughts of Sutton Banks out of my head as I walk toward my friend.

He's hard to miss with his hulking, tattooed body and long, full beard.

"Hey man," he says, holding his hand out, and I grasp it, pulling him into a one-armed hug. "Thanks for coming."

"Of course. It better be good, man, because you cock-blocked the fuck out of me, brate."

Ezra raises an eyebrow as we turn in the direction of the warehouse. "Oh? Jillian? I didn't think you were seeing her anymore."

I shoot him a dirty look. "Not Jillian."

"Then who?"

Rolling my lips between my teeth, I look at my feet, at the night sky, across the street at some pigeons chasing a squirrel. Anywhere but at Ezra, who I know is already onto me.

"Who, Nicolai?" he prods.

"Sutton Banks," I mutter, not meeting his scrutinizing stare.

"What was that? I know you did not just say—"

I throw my hands up in the air and snap my head in his direction. "Sutton Banks. Yeah, I did."

"Oh, for Christ's sakes, Nic. You've got to be kidding me right now."

"I know, I know, okay? I don't want to hear it."

Ezra shakes his head but mercifully closes his mouth. He keeps walking for a few moments until he says, "Just let me say this one thing: you need to watch yourself. At the end of the day, she's a member of The Ring, just like they are. And you fucked her over, Nic. How do you know she's not still pissed at you?"