XIII

As Selene woke up, she felt big hands around her waist, emanating warmth. She snuggled a little in his hard chest and watched his relaxed face. He was very handsome and she appreciated his looks even though the only man she spent time with was Soren. Selene was suddenly struck with a sentiment of jealousy. It was foreign to her. What if Maximus had already had a lover? No, she thought, his feelings for her felt too intense and he wouldn't do that to her. She trusted him. Still, she got out of bed, early in the morning, to drink her tea outside. 

She followed the same path they took last night and found herself in the kitchen. It was very luxurious, compared to her little cottage. Every amenity you could think of was there. Well, given how many mouths there are to feed, it is understandable. I wonder who cooks all this food. She heard steps coming down towards her and a small woman appeared from around the corner. She didn't notice Selene at first. When her eyes grazed up, she let out a little quite scream.

 „Luna Queen! I am so sorry, I didn't see you there!" 

„Oh, there is no need for formalities, please call me Selene. What's your name?"

 „I'm Nadia, Lun..aa Selene. I'm the cook."

„Do you make food for everyone?"

 „Oh, yes, every morning, noon and evening. These wolves don't ever stop eating." She said with a chuckle. Selene frowned, not liking what she was hearing. 

„That's a lot of work for one person. Do you do it willingly? I can talk with Maximus if anything is wrong." 

„Oh, no! Don't worry. I've loved cooking since I was little and the Alpha makes sure I get days off and a good pay. There is no such thing happening in Ironblood. The Alpha is fair and always makes sure everyone has all they would need. Besides, I do have help, just not so early in the morning. I didn't expect for anyone to be up now, I usually spend this time alone."

 „Well, I'll help you." 

„ Luna, there is no need. Don't bother yourself."

 „There is no bother, I would love to help you."

Selene smiled at her and began cutting the vegetables. Nadia stepped next to her, starting her own chopping and frying, gazing with the corner of her eye at her Luna, feeling lucky for the pack to have such a woman leading next to the Alpha. For an hour, they worked in silence. Selene made a cup of tea.

 „I'll go outside for a minute, I like to drink the tea while it's still a little chilly out."

 „Of course, Luna" 

„Selene, please." She smiled at Nadia and went to sit on the swing on the porch.

She felt peace, not much different from her home. The setting was of course different, but she realized she enjoyed watching the few pack members who started their day early as she did, walk around the land. They all smiled at her, greeting her. She did the same, analizyng each of them, liking that they all felt to be good people. She saw a small girl approach her, something in her hands. She looked very shy.

 „Hello! What do you have there?" Selene said with a soft voice. The girl smiled and moved towards her, showing her palms.

 „It got hurt, I think he fell from the tree. Can you fix it?" Selene took the small bird in her own hands. She touched its wing. The girl gasped at her silver glow. 

„All done, sweetie."

„Thank you Luna! You are amazing." Selene laughed and watched her run back to her mother, who was waiting. „Mommy did you see? Luna healed my bird. She has magic! I want to do that too!"

One moment of quite turned into shouting. Selene heard running and yelling inside. The door opened harshly and the head of the Alpha appeared. When his eyes landed on Selene, he let out a breath. „I thought you left." Gen and Troy came out too, looking like they jumped from their beds at the commotion, to help their Alpha. 

„No silly, I just like to drink my tea outside." He sat next to her and she leaned into his body, enjoying the sparks on her skin.

 „Well, if this is all, I would like to return to my sleep. Goodbye." 

„Not so fast. We have training."

 „But it's soo early. Can't we do it later?"

 „No, Gen. You know how important the training schedule is." 

„Besides", Interfered Troy, "Don't you love when I kick your butt?" 

„Shut up! It happened one time and I fell on a rock. It hurt for a week!" Selene couldn't help but laugh with them at Gen's silliness.

„Ok, let's go get changed and we'll meet at the training grounds."

Selene and Maximus went upstairs to their room. „Do you want something to change?" Selene had always enjoyed the feeling of free movement her dress gave her, but maybe showing up to training in it would be strange to the others.

 „I'll ask Gen to lend me something" 

„I'll send someone to buy you clothes." 

„oh, there is no need, I don't.."

 „Moon, I would give you anything. Don't worry. You should feel comfortable with me, with the pack. Don't feel shy to ask for anything."

 „It's not that...I'm just used to a simple life, I've never had any desire for this kind of things." „Well, then just some clothes, for starters." Selene smiled, not insisting, seeing he really wanted to offer her everything. She melted. Selene knocked at Gen's door. 

„What is it now? Oh, sorry Selene, Troy has been bugging me all morning. I swear I'll shave off his head one day, payback for his constant voice in my ears." They laughed together.

 „Could I borrow some clothes?"

 „Oh, I've been waiting for this moment forever. Do you know how hard it is to live in a house full of boys? Of course, there is Amelia, but she is mostly quite and our styles don't really match." Gen opened her closet's doors. "Pick anything you'd like." Selene chose black sport leggings and a black shirt. She changed in the bathroom. "Oh my goddess Selene, why do you hide that body behind that dress?" 

Sure, Selene's flowy dress made her look regal and showed off some skin, but the tight clothes on her now, emphasized her lean form. She had long, muscly legs, a flat abdomen and a medium sized chest, fitting her perfectly.

They approached together the training grounds, where the boys were waiting with the warriors. So this is the Nightshades training...interesting. Maximus was talking with one of the bulkier man there. He smelled Selene and turned to her with a smile. When he saw her, his whole face went serious. Selene knew he was impressed with her form, as she worked very hard with Soren to reach her best. Oh, moon, give me power. He thought, while greeting her again with a kiss on the cheek. They turned pink in an instant, suddenly shy at the intimate gesture. She was not used to being so close to anyone.

„Ok, let's begin. We'll start by running 3 sets of the grounds and then one-on-one combat." This will be entertaining.