Twenty-nine

Twenty-nine / Sandra

I am so massively screwed.

Luke overheard Calum and Austin ranting about our big fat secret, so naturally, he's pissed at all of us. He rushed off to the only place he could possibly rush off to: the hospital.

I immediately ran to grab my phone and warn Carly that a very angry six-foot tall blonde guitarist-slash-lead vocalist is on his way there now. This isn't going to be pretty at all.

Carly picked up the phone on the fourth ring.

Before she could say anything, I beat her to it. "Luke knows and he's on his way there right now," I exhale. "You have approximately two hours to think of what to say to him. And we're just about to drive there too."

"Okay," she replied. "Got it."

I hung up and pocketed by phone. I turned to the two idiots who made this whole mess. God, why couldn't they just have listened to me the first time? When will boys understand that when girls act bitchy, we're like that for a reason? No words can justify how pissed I am right now.

"Go. Right now," I order them. "I'll tell Jess there's an emergency and she needs to look after Dev because we all need to be out of town. I'll wait for her to arrive, and then I'll follow."

This time, they didn't think twice before listening to me. Calum immediately dragged Austin's ass and the next thing I know, I hear a car leaving the driveway.

Jess said she would be right over in ten minutes.

Every other minute was pure hell. My hands wouldn't stop trembling, my throat felt like sandpaper, my heart feels like it's beating its way out of my chest, and my brain feels like it's going to explode soon.

This wasn't in a plan. We were still trying to figure out a way to break it down all to Luke gradually so he wouldn't be confused. So, of course, it didn't go as we planned. Instead, Luke overheard the whole thing when we were talking about it. Great, just great. Life ruins everybody's plans. That why it sucks.

Of course this wouldn't have happened if I just told them that Luke was in the house so they needed to shut up. No matter how long you trace it back, it's always going to lead to me. Technically, this is all my fault.

But I can't afford to think like that right now. We all have no idea what Luke's going to do, so there's a lot at stake here. I wish we could've briefed him a little more, but instead, he rush off to the hospital with only the knowledge he overheard us shouting about.

Finally, there was a knock on the door. Jess said ten minutes, it took her twelve (yes I counted).

As soon as I open the door, I said, "I'm so sorry to call you in like this. Something fucked up just happened."

"Okay, okay," she said, trying to calm me down. "You explain to me later. You need to go right now, I got this."

Thank you, Jesus, for Jess.

~*~

When I got to the hospital, I wasted no time by running like I'm on the track team to Carly's room. Of course, everyone looked at me weirdly because a.) I'm not in proper running attire, and b.) The hospital isn't a place to run anyway. I swear I have never run so fast in my entire life.

I part-ran, part-slipped to the elevator. Thank God there were no other people in the one I rode in. I punched in the floor where Carly's room was, and while waiting for this metal box to elevate me, I took the opportunity to catch my breath.

I didn't feel okay. Not because I just ran like a hungry cheetah that's chasing after a good-looking gazelle, but because there's this weird feeling in my chest that tells me something's wrong.