the great escape

chapter twenty-three ~ the great escape

nightshifter pt. 2

The duo of hunters quietly walked the halls, police lights shining through the windows and the sirens filling the halls. Dean held a flashlight up as Haven walked behind him, her eyes scanning the hall top to bottom. There was a faint tapping on the window causing the hunters to press their backs against the wall to hide from the light.

Haven, being in front, carefully peeked around the wall to the window while Dean shone the flashlight in the opposite direction. When both ways were clear, the duo ducked under the window to pass to the other side and peer around another corner.

They stood and started down the hall when a bang sounded, Dean quickly pointing his light to the hall with a slight jump. Haven let a small laugh out causing Dean to throw her a look. "It's not funny."

"It's a little funny," Haven smiled at him before turning to walk down the hallway.

Dean caught her wrist and pulled her back into him. He leaned down and swiftly kissed the brunette, his actions surprising her. The hunter pulled away and started walking again, leaving a baffled witch behind him.

~

After searching the security room, the couple made their way into a small office space and started searching. The minutes ticked by until Haven let herself look up to the panels and notice one slightly out of place. Dean followed her gaze and looked around the room for something to poke at it.

The witch summoned her powers, letting it swirl around her fingers and attached itself to the panel before swiftly moving it out of the way. When moved, a body fell to the floor causing parts of the ceiling to fall and duo to quickly move out of its way.

Dean carefully reached down to the man's shoulder, flipping him over to reveal his throat slit and blood trailing down to the floor.

~

Dean and Haven made their way back to the vault room, Sam approaching the couple. The latter quickly and quietly explained who the shifter was causing Sam to walk back towards Ronald and the open vault.

"You know what, Ronald? You're right," Sam walked over and into the bank vault, taking the security guard out of the shifter's hands. "We got to get this man outside. Come on."

The Winchester took the heart attack victim away from the creature which caused protest. "Yeah, I'll help you."

Sam waved him off, "Oh, I got it. It's cool, thanks."