born under a bad sign

chapter twenty-six ~ born under a bad sign

twin lakes, colorado

Music filled the crowded streets as Haven walked down the sidewalks with her hands deep in her pockets and tried her best to squeeze past people. She couldn't remember how she ended up in the French Quarter or even out of Texas to begin with. But nevertheless, the spirit and celebration of Mardi Gras boomed everywhere around her from parades to people throwing necklaces. While she was confused, she couldn't help but feel at home.

"Red!" A familiar voice called causing Haven's attention to turn to him.

"Marcel," Haven breathed before running to hug the big brother figure.

Marcel chuckled, "Someone missed me and I was only gone a couple of minutes."

Haven pulled back, "Minutes? But I haven't seen you in-"

"I was just catching up with your boy here," Marcel rested his hand on someone's shoulder. Haven looked to see Dean randomly appear next to the vampire. "For a hunter, he's not bad."

"Uh huh. Dean, can talk to you for a second?" The witch grabbed the Winchester's arm and dragged him a little ways away from Marcel. "What are we doing here?"

Dean looked at her weird, "What do you mean?"

Haven let her eyes roam the area around her before lowing her voice, "Dean, I don't remember how we got here or when we left Texas."

"When were we in Texas?" Dean asked leaving Haven baffled. "Does this have to do with Marcel and I spending the day together? I thought you wanted us to get along."

The music got louder on the streets as Haven pushed away from the Winchester in a panic. What was happening? A pounding sensation grew in her head and she clutched it, screaming out in agony until it stopped and a voice called to her, "Red!"

"Marcel," Haven breathed before running to hug the big brother figure.

Marcel chuckled, "Someone missed me and I was only gone a couple of minutes."

Haven let out a small laugh before going to tuck herself into Dean's side, "You have no idea. So, how was bonding?"

"Just catching up with your boy and seeing what I've missed. He's not bad for a hunter," Marcel rested his hand on Dean's shoulder in approval before clapping his hands together. "So, Rousseau's anyone?"

~

Sam sat on the motel bed in a daze, unable to piece together that last couple days in his mind. He'd just gotten off the phone with a panicked and worried Dean, yet he couldn't explain how he got to the motel without his brother. Or how a certain witch laid in the opposite bed in a comatose state, not waking up.