all hell breaks loose pt. 4

chapter forty-three ~ all hell breaks loose

all hell breaks loose pt. 4

Bobby slid a shot glass full of holy water towards Ellen, all the hunters gathered in Bobby's kitchen in anticipation. The huntress caught the glass with ease and held it up, "Bobby, is this really necessary?"

"Just a belt of holy water. Shouldn't hurt," Bobby shrugged.

Ellen stared at Bobby as she downed the shot of water easily, no sizzling or pain coming from her. "Whiskey now, if don't mind," Ellen requested as she slid the glass back to Bobby.

"Ellen, what happened? How'd you get out?" Dean asked.

"I wasn't supposed to. I supposed to be in there with everyone else." Ellen scoffed as she remembered the reason she wasn't, "But we ran out of pretzels, of all things. It was just dumb luck." She downed the shot Bobby passed to her before continuing, "Anyway, that's when Ash called, panic in his voice. He told me to look in the safe then the call cut out. By the time I got back, the flames were sky-high, and everybody was dead. I couldn't have been gone more than 15 minutes."

Sam shifted in his spot, "I'm sorry, Ellen."

She shook her head, "A lot of good people died in there and I got to live. Lucky me."

"Ellen, you mentioned a safe?" Bobby pointed out.

"A hidden safe we keep in the basement," Ellen explained.

Haven crossed her arms in front of her, "Demons get what was in there?"

"No." Ellen removed a paper from her inner jacket pocket. She unfolded what was revealed to be a map and slid it over to the Winchesters across the table.

Dean grabbed the map and looked over it, tracing the marked X's with his fingers. "Wyoming? What does that mean?"

~

The hunters were all knee deep in textbooks researching, when Bobby walked into the room, his nose deep in a book. "I don't believe it," He said before placing the book down on the table.

Sam rounded the table before leaning on it beside the witch, "What? You got something?"

"A lot more than that," Bobby laid the map out with marked X's all around Wyoming. "Each of these X's is an abandoned frontier church. All mid-19th century and all of them built by Samuel Colt."

"Samuel Colt, the demon killing, gun making, Samuel Colt?" Dean asked in confirmation.

Bobby nodded, "Yep, and there's more. He built private railway lines connecting church to church. It just happens to lay out like this." The older hunter grabbed a marker and connected the X's in a star formation.

Dean's eyes were fixed on what the map revealed, "Tell me that's not what I think it is."

"It's a devil's trap," Sam said aloud. "A hundred square mile devil's trap."