cops and robbers

chapter thirty-seven ~ cops and robbers

folsom prison blues pt.2

When morning came, the guards escorted Haven to the yard with a blue winter coat that matched all the other prisoners. Once the gate was shut, she saw the brothers Winchester hunched over a deck of cards and cigarettes at a wooden table.

They both noticed the witch as she b-lined over to them. "Hey, you ok?" Sam asked as she slid into the seat next to him.

"Fine, look- we need to talk," Haven brushed the question off before noticing the pile of cigarettes by Dean. "You don't smoke?"

"Currency of the realm, but we do need to talk. How could you start something with that guy?" Dean asked.

Haven looked to the older Winchester, "I needed into the cell block to find anything so we could get the hell out of here. Then the spirit paid me a visit last night. Mission accomplished."

"What?" The boys said in unison.

"Clock stopped, lights flickered, cold spots. It walked right by me, but-" Haven shivered. "Lucas' screams haunt my dreams now. He was a tool, but he didn't deserve that. What do you boys got?"

Sam cleared his throat, "Yeah, so uh- We think we might know where to find his remains. Blood in his old cell."

"Wait, I thought it was a heart attack?" Dean asked.

"It was after the guards worked him over," Sam explained. "I mean, apparently there was so much blood in there, they had trouble mopping it out."

Haven nodded and leaned on the table, "We need back in then."

Sam looked to the girl, "Don't worry, I got a plan."

"That's the Sammy I know. Come on, man, you're like Clint Eastwood from "Escape from Alcatraz"," Dean smiled proudly at his brother.

"The problem is, even if we do find something, how are we gonna burn it? We don't have any accelerant," Sam point out.

"Well, good thing I'm James Garner from "The Great Escape". Currency right?" Dean nodded in confirmation. "Watch this," Haven grabbed the pile of Dean's prize cigarettes and held them up in her hands as she stood on the table. "Hey, boys! Who wants to deal?"

Dean looked up to the girl, "Hey, those are mine!"

~