Common Rumour

Class was then finished and Yeji packed away her things. Professor Park called her over and congratulated her once again, Yeji thanking her profusely before walking out of the classroom with a skip in her step. By that time most of the other students had left and Yeji now had a free period so she happily made her way through empty corridors and up the moving staircases to the common room where she could read a book she'd brought from home.

It was a muggle book her mum had given her over the summer that she had already got part way through however once she'd finally sat down on one of the sofas to read it she overheard Yeonjun and a couple of other students who also had a break talking amongst themselves. Usually she'd ignore their gossip but the subject of their conversation unwittingly caught her attention.

"Hey you know that new girl." Jisung said, practically bouncing off the walls. "Minho says Seungmin heard she was expelled from Durmstrang!"

"What?!" Said Yeonjun. And Yeji was also shocked to hear that, but didn't say anything, keeping her eyes glued to the page of her book.

"I know, I know but that's not all. Apparently her dad is a death eater!"

"You're kidding!" Yeonjun said loudly. "But why did she get expelled?"

"Minho says he thinks she might have tried to kill a student." Jisung said excitedly.

Yeonjun gasped, smacking a hand over his mouth.

"Well it's a logical explanation." Jisung continued. "Especially given her dad's a death eater. And considering she was sorted into Slytherin..."

"Oh my gosh that's so true! Do you think she tried to use an unforgivable curse?" Yeonjun asked in a whisper, as if merely saying them out loud was a crime.

"Maybe, who knows." Jisung replied with a shrug.

Eventually they started talking about something else and Yeji could finally read her book in peace, except her thoughts kept drifting back to Ryujin. She'd seemed perfectly nice in their potions lesson? Not the sort of person who would be expelled for attempted murder, and she certainly didn't strike Yeji as someone who would use an unforgivable curse. But perhaps that was just a front. After all, if Yeji had been expelled she wouldn't exactly go around announcing it. Perhaps Ryujin was trying to bury her past by pretending it didn't exist.

Yeji's thoughts circled her brain relentlessly until she realized her free period was already over and she hadn't read a single word in her book. She sighed as closed it. 'Next time.' She thought.

She grabbed her robes and shoved her wand in her pocket before heading off for her next lesson, Defense Against The Dark Arts.