Snitches Get Stitches

The next week passed by fairly seamlessly for Yeji, with only the occasional jab and rude note from Karina. Her plan to avoid Ryujin had been quite successful, she had made sure to get to all her lessons early in order to sit as far from the new Slytherin student as possible which had so far worked wonderfully.

Currently, Yeji was sat buzzing in the great hall, guzzling down scrambled eggs on toast. It was quidditch today and she'd been training all summer ready for the new term. She'd made the team last year as a chaser and had turned out to be a quite a good addition to the Gryffindor team. Her average score each game decent enough for her to stay on the team for this year. Yeji had always loved flying as soon as she'd been introduced to it, the sense of freedom and exhilaration it gave her was enough to drown out the fear of falling. All of her doubts and anxieties seemed to slip away whenever she was high in the sky.

In no time at all she finished her breakfast, threw on her red and gold stripped jumper and raced over to the quidditch pitch, broom in hand. Yuna was there to greet her, as the team's seeker, and gave her a dangerously cute smile. It was hard to imagine this was the face of a girl who was arguably one of the scariest players on the pitch when it came to speed. Nevertheless Yeji retuned it graciously.

"You ready for the game Hwang?!" She asked excitedly.

"Always." Replied Yeji, bending down to double knot her shoelaces.

"Have you heard the other team's got a new seeker?" Yuna asked.

"Yes I heard." Yeji said scowling.

The only drawback of today's match was that they were playing Slytherin and Karina had just been accepted as the new seeker, something which irritated Yeji immensely. Despite the fact she knew Yuna was better it didn't stop her worrying  that Karina would teeter the line between playing and cheating. And Yeji knew the young Gryffindor seeker was sure to fall victim to some dirty tactics.

Yeji closed her eyes for a moment and tried to channel all of her anger into adrenaline, before opening them again and standing up, putting a hand on Yuna's shoulder.

"Don't worry Yuna." She said as confidently as she could, "I'd bet on you every time." Yuna smiled back at her.

"Yep, so would I." She replied, brightly and confidently skipping away to their other teammates. Yeji shook head and smiled, lining up with her ready for the start of the match, the shouts and cheers of the spectators in the stands above them gradually picking up in volume.

A couple of minutes later and they were up in the air, the first game of the season underway. It took a couple of minutes but before too long Yeji had found her rhythm, ducking and weaving around players with the quaffle in hand. As soon as she was near enough she flung the ball as hard as she could at one of the hoops, a loud bell rung as it flew cleanly through the hole and a roaring cheer arose from the Gryffindor crowd, her teammates congratulating her as they made their way back to their positions.

The game continued to be on Yeji's side as one after another the goals kept coming, until they were 150-10 up. Only one goal was needed for Gryffindor to win. Yeji put this insanely impressive lead down to the fact that one, she'd been practicing almost every day over the summer until she could aim with her eyes closed and two, the Slytherin keeper was new and only a third year, she could tell the nerves were getting to him. She shook her head, dreading to think what his next training session was going to be like.

"Get your head in the game Yeji." She muttered to herself her under her breath and just at that moment the quaffle came hurtling towards her. She deftly caught it, tucking it under her arm to keep possession and quickly spun away from one of the Slytherin chasers marking her her, zooming off in the direction of the hoops once more. Out of the corner of her eye she spotted a bludger shooting towards her head and abruptly swerved downwards to avoid it. It consequently crashed into the Slytherin who'd been on her tail.