The Shrieking Shack

After what felt like almost ten minutes of walking, but was probably less, Yeji began to hear what sounded like shouting in the distance, muffled, but still definitely there. As she got closer the shouting turned into groans and angry voices. Yeji thought she recognized who was speaking, but she couldn't quite place it.

Soon light came cascading down into the tunnel and the earthy floor turned to wooden planks. A creaking sound punctuating whoever was making the noises up above and all at once Yeji recognized where she was. The Shrieking Shack.

With a final last effort Yeji reached the end of the passageway. She clambered up through an open trap door and was met with a wooden door that lurched on it's hinges. Curiosity bubbling inside her, she opened it as quietly as she possibly could despite the obnoxious creaking.

The sight that met her then sucking all of the air from her lungs.

There was Ryujin, sitting slumped in a chair in the middle of the room, blood trickling down the side of her face, her arms tied around the back of the chair and a gag over her mouth as a hooded figure loomed over her, wand poised to strike.

The figure halted whatever they were about to do, clearly as shocked by Yeji as Yeji was of them before they slowly pulled back their hood.

"Well hello there Miss Hwang." Professor Jeon said with a curious smile.

Yeji gasped whilst also desperately trying to gulp down air and get her head around the situation in front of her.

"P-Professor?" She trembled.

"You know it's terribly inconvenient of you to interrupt right now." He said with an irritated expression.

"What- what are you doing?" Yeji managed to ask, feeling her back become sweaty.

"I have some unfinished business with Miss Shin here." He said slowly moving around the chair.

"She's bleeding."

"She is."

"Y-You did that?"

"I did." He replied in a sinister tone that Yeji couldn't decipher between bitterness and pride. She saw Ryujin's eyes blink open and widen looking at Yeji.

Her jaw clenched.

"How could you do that? What do you mean unfinished business?" Yeji asked, still in shock.

"There are some things you just wouldn't understand." He said shaking his head, "It's not like you'd believe me anyway." And suddenly something inside Yeji's head clicked.

"This is to do with the headmaster's wife, at Durmstrang, isn't it." Yeji said accusingly, clenching her fist. She noticed Professor Jeon's face drop, the smile at the corners of his mouth frowning. Ryujin was nodding at Yeji.

"How do you know about that?" He barked at her.

"I could ask you the same question." Yeji shot back, unsure where all this unfounded courage was coming from.

Professor Jeon gritted his teeth. "You impudent... She was my sister!"

"Then why are you attacking an innocent girl?!" Yeji shouted, her grip on her wand tightening.

"Her father is a murderer and a coward!" He shouted back, violently kicking the chair Ryujin was on.

In a flash Yeji had her wand pointed at him. "STUPEFY!" She yelled, and hurriedly Professor Jeon brought up his wand to defend but all that Yeji managed to produce were a few red sparks that petered out onto the ground in front of her.

There was a pause before Professor Jeon burst out laughing, doubling over. "You're even worse than I thought." He jeered.

Yeji's eyebrows furrowed and her cheeks heated up in embarrassment. She saw Ryujin close her eyes and was about to try again when suddenly the swift movement of Professor Jeon's arm caught her attention.