do you seriously care?

Scaramouche POV

I woke up with pain in my arms and a cramp in my stomach.

I was tied down to a bed..again.

This time though, it wasn't my arms.

It's just my waist.

I took attempt of sitting up, which caused me to gasp in pain.

"Scaramouche, don't move, please.." Ajax said as he took my hand.

I smiled at the concern I caused.
"Well you're worried, aren't you?"

Ajax rested his head on my legs as he stayed silent.

"It was so fun, I don't even mind staying here for a while."

"I was so worried about you...Scaramouche, it's been a week since you got hurt." Ajax mumbled

"It's fine..I promise you."

"They told me you lost so much blood you almost died, so I had to well..donate mine to you." Ajax explained.

"Gross, watch me turn ginger soon!" I laughed.

Childe laughed as well.

"So, since you're here now.. how long have you been here for?"

"I've been here only the past 3 days when I was allowed." He explained.

He tightened his grip on my hand.

"I should have told you to follow me, sorry." Ajax said.

"You're so goddamn apologetic..it's my fault I jumped on a fucking huge barbed wire, you know?! I swear that wasn't even barbed wire.. but like- knife wire."

A doctor walked in with papers.

"Hey, you're finally awake!" The doctor smiled.

"Sir, can you please leave the room for a moment?" The doctor asked Childe.

"No, he'll stay in this room."

The doctor hesitantly agreed as she sat to the chair next to me.

"So, I just need to give you your 10th shot..this one is for...the rusty metal that cut you.." The doctor stopped in-between her words as she prepared the needle.

Childe stayed, rested on my lap, kneeling on the floor.

The doctor walked over to the other side of the bed and injected me with the needle.

The needle felt like absolutely nothing compared to the pain I felt in my stomach.

Ajax blankly stared at the wall as he continued resting, squeezing my hand.

I stared at him before reaching my hand out to touch his hair.

I felt his soft hair and smiled.

I pet his head carefully. Confused as to what I was doing, but unbothered.

The doctor walked to the door and then quickly said "Your mother is here, too." Before walking out of the door.

I rolled my eyes and stared back down at Childe.

"We should smoke after this."

Childe laughed as I yawned.

My pain wasn't all that horrible when he was laughing and all concerned for me.

A few minutes passed as my mother entered the room.

Childe quickly stood up from what he was doing, leaving the room at the sight of Ei.

I tried grabbing a hold of his arm, but the machine connected to my arm pulled me back.

I stared at Ei as she looked down at me with concern.

"You're such a stupid child for doing that." She said with disappointment.

My sister came into the room, staring at me in confusion before walking up to me.

She tried taking my hand as I violently jerked back, causing one of the machines to beep at an abnormal pace for a second.

"Don't fucking touch me." I yelled.

My heart rate on the monitor was seemingly higher as Ei stared at it.

She sighed before walking up to me.

As I couldn't do much since she was towering over me, and I was physically restrained.

"Why, what's wrong with you? Why are you such a bad kid?" Ei said with anger.

"You're a horrible mother." I smiled before getting violently slapped.

"I asked you, why are you such a bad fucking kid?" She stared at me with hatred as the smile on my face faded.

My sister stood across the room, watching.

I began staring back up at her, in disgust.

"Kunikuzushi..." She said slowly, and breathy.

"You know I can't fix this." She began tearing up.

"I fucking know you can't, so how about you walk yourself and that disappointment of a sibling out the goddamn door?" I smiled up at her.

She began crying.

"Listen, please dear...I don't know what got into me and I know what I did was wrong..but please come home.." she asked.

"In your dreams, hag, find a way to make up after neglecting me for years, then I'll come home..which is never."

She silently stared at me, as she quickly turned around and took my sister's hand. Speed walking out of my room's doors.

Ajax walked in again, reaching his hand slightly out.

He took a chair and brought it up to where I was laying.

I took his hand as he softly spoke.

"I'll be here for you. They're doing more blood work, though..so maybe it's better if you sleep now." His eyes, dull.

"Jeez, it's fine.."

Childe put his hand over his eyes, again in frustration.

"You're going to be staying here for another week or two apparently." He said with a sad tone.

"You're making me want to die right now." I rolled my eyes.

"Well, anyways. Did you get arrested or anything?" I laughed.

"No, they didn't find us but they did add security cameras.." Ajax frowned.

"Apparently, the tree you were climbing was on someone's property and they thought you were some robber so they called the police on us." He explained.

"What time is it?" I asked

Ajax took his phone out, the phone screen bright as ever.

"It's 1:12 am."

"You should go home and sleep..!" My tone made me cringe.

"I'll be fine. I'm only worried about you right now."

The way he kept directing the topic to me didn't necessarily make me uncomfortable like it usually did, and I didn't mind.

How could I even tell myself this guy was bullying me in elementary school?

I laughed

"That place was actually pretty fun" I smiled

He smiled along with me.

"You should probably go sleep now, Scara. I'll be here when you wake up, I promise."

"Alright, fine." I sighed as I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep, somehow.

I heard footsteps leave the room and my hand getting cold. He probably let go of my hand then.

My thoughts rushed through my head as they got more random every second.

Then I woke up in yet another, stupid dream..