Butterflies mean 2 things

Scaramouche POV

"What do butterflies mean?" Words from my physics teacher in high-school.

Butterflies mean...Ending a bad habit.
Butterflies mean...The end of something.
Butterflies mean...You're in love.
Butterflies mean...Self-harm.

"But what do butterflies mean to you?" Again, the whole group conversation replaying in my head.

Stop. Wait. I remember being sitted next to some loser who could barely read and the person behind that guy was...fuck, what was his name?

...

"I'm going to fight you next week, November 4th." Stupid words from a stupid guy with stupid glasses.

I remember a girl, Yelan. She usually mocked me and teased me but stopped a few fights between that group of people and me.

She was one of Ajax's good friends, right? She told me what he was going to do. What the guy in the glasses was planning to do.

Unfortunately, she wasn't lying. On the 4th of November, that guy brought a knife to the fight.

He stabbed me in the thigh and hand. I had a hard time trying to resist being stabbed in the face as well.

I remember struggling and crying, screaming for help but all that happened was people surrounding us, cheering on him.

How could anyone be possibly so cruel, so cruel to go as far as watching someone covered in blood, screaming for help and just record it...and cheer.

Butterflies mean The end.
Or love.

Love always ended with abuse to me.
Should I ever care at this point?

If I happen to stab myself in the heart which is so desperate to chase after Ajax, everything will stop.

"Scara!" Signora called.

"Finally, not that stupid nickname you've been using for the past 3 fucking years." I put my pen down and stood from the table I was sitting at.

"Alright, so here's some noodles as you asked, it's actually pho, I hope the tutorial I followed was good!" Signora smiled.

She placed down a medium-small sized bowl with blue designs at the bottom, the contents inside containing a beautifully colored broth, rich and flavourful, silky rice noodles, thin slices of beef, and herbs.

"It took forever...god damn it Sig. Hm, but- I have to say this smells really good." I picked up a spoonful of the broth.

I blew into the really hot broth before taking a sip.

"Oh, this is really good. Is it a beef broth base?" I questioned.

"Yes, yes! It's apparently traditional~ well, I'm glad you like it. I bought some alcohol for the party, by the way. It's in about...50 minutes?" Signora smiled.

"Jeez, that's not a lot of time. Go curl your hair or whatever." I rolled my eyes as I continued sipping on the hot broth.

"Oh, god, right! I look like a mess, haha! Well- eat fast then!" Signora rushed up the stairs, untying her apron.

I picked up the rice noodles in the bowl, well cooked and still, lovely smelling.

I blew onto the noodles before taking a bite, the rest falling back into the bowl.

"Oh, my- Signora this shit is the best thing you've ever cooked!" I yelled.

"Thanks, doll!" She yelled back after a moment.
________________________
35 minutes later