Prologue

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆

"I love you my baby Iris."

"Go, now!" The queen shouted to Ellira.

She turned to see me who had been hiding behind the corner. Just as Ellira left, a treacherous laugh was received from outside.

"Sciara, go now! We'll see eachother love, please go!"

"But mother-"

"Please, go!"

The emotionless yells, all I'd ever received throughout my young childhood. Though this family wasn't mine, but I felt ... Belongingness here.

As if I.. had a role, a purpose to life unlike any other.

But that wasn't what I should be worrying about right now, as I ran through the castle halls, dodging a few falling pieces of solid concrete on the way. Gramorr was here, the one who'd destroyed my previous home, my previous family.

My previous life.

I'd get my revenge, yes I will.

But at the moment, I'd better focus on saving myself if I'd want to get revenge in the distant future. I ran as fast as my bare feet could take me, but the walls, it felt as if...

As if they were sinking into me, closing into the door that showed a path through the chaos. My path to save myself...

Myself.

Myself, only me.

I've been so selfish, but what could I do?

Tears streamed down my face, rendering it much more difficult to see the only doorway that lay between my death or.. my life.

.

.

But one thought remained... As I threw myself out the door and away from the crumbling walls. My life has returned, surely, but my family? My kingdom?
.

My sister?

.

A voice came, across the courtyard I'd been thrown onto, a voice familiar to me. One of the castle servants, one of the kindest to be frank. I'd met her when I first arrived.

But when her condition met my eyes, everything flooded back to me. Poor girl had been stabbed with an arrow through her gut, piercing many vital organs. She gripped the arrow and brought herself to pull it out. Blood rushed down her white apron and boots, seemingly staining them, but she didn't seem to mind. She noticed my eyes on her as her knees fell to the once grassy greenland which has been burnt to ashes.

She smiled at me. A smile of goodbye and good acquaintance, and fell to the ground with her last breath.

I sat there. Sat there doing nothing. I didn't know what to do. How I could do anything.

Noises of blasts and screams were heard, making me jump to my feet. I glance back at Arelia, yes that's her name. I returned her smile forcefully because it was paired with tears on my face.

And I ran again.

I ran away.

I didn't want to, but I had to.

I ran away as far as I could.

I didn't know where I was running to, I saw smoke from everywhere. Someone crying over their loved one's death, another over their burnt away home, or another at their daily livelihoods being torn away.

But what had I to do about it?

I was two years old.

Tears and rain drops having blurred my vision, I thumped into something on my way.

I was terrified, I thought maybe it was someone under Gramorr.

But I'd never been more glad to be wrong.

It was a girl aging around ten or eleven with white hair in a bun with vibrant blue eyes. Her eyes had a feeling ; betrayal? Sacrifice? No...

Regret.

Horrible regret.

"What are you doing here?! You shouldn't be out here! It's too dangerous."

I stayed silent and she understood. She wasn't much help either, considering her age. But who would want to put up a fight in the middle of world destruction?

She knelt down to me and put a hand on my cheek. "Come with me, trust me please."

And I followed.

Despite my age, I had an instinct to survive. And I guess I had luck as well, since it seemed to much of mercy from cladsnick himself to have sent the girl to me. And from then on,..

I had found something to call ... Home.

Once again.

Will this one be in vain as well? Only time can tell.

𓆞 𓆟 𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆟 𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆟 𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆟