Roller Coaster

"so... What's going on?"

"After Gramorr's apparant death, something happened to Praxina. She's gotten darker, and crueler and is most probably planning to take over Ephidia. The worst part is - we don't know why or how she's gonna do it." I replied while we walked down the crystal paced path Iris left behind.

"And what- hey wait for me!" He shouts from behind. He ran over to me. "How do we get her back?!" He exclaimed suddenly realising reality.

"Well, I'd suppose siding with the princesses is your best bet. If you do, she'd see you aren't dead and would forget about the evil part." I explained before adding, "Hopefully.."

He looked at me, stunned. "What do you mean 'hopefully' ?! Thats like false hope!"

"Right, okay sorry, geez. I'm not a fortune teller so don't look at me."

He rolls his eyes and I raise my hands, criss crossing them above the ground "Crystal Scala". A column of crystal forms under my feet and I summon my butterfly symbol flying board and follow the pink crystals.

I saw Mephisto following me while flying beside me and then suddenly he looked over at me. I moved my focus ahead and increased my speed. We crossed a lake and he calls out to me. "This is Lake Agnes- at least I think it is." Good to know hs knows his way around this place.

I know some of the areas in Sunnybae, I learned them from Izira after some of Talia's calls. I've seen her talk to Iris too but nothing special, only tips on spells and new defences.

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆

We walked with the sun shining on our eyes from across the sky. The sun was rising and the sky was just turning from a beautiful navy blue to a warm red glazed with tints of yellow all around. We'd decided to walk instead of flying since it was tremendously hot this time of year and atleast one of us would've fainted in the heat.

Walking down the seemingly never-ending road, I noticed that the forest surrounding us reminded me of the lush forests of Ephidia, before Gramorr. We both ventured through the rocky side cliffs and down to the forest. Walking through, a clearing just enough to try a few spells and combos. "Let's take a short break, watcha say?"

"Yes! I'm.. huh- exhausted!"

"Great- Crystal Scala" and summoned a crystal pillar underneath me to get a higher view of the clearing.

"Crystal Efenciio!" I said turning around swiftly only to startle Mephisto, pinning him with the crystals right onto a tree. The sudden arrival broke my focus but not the crystals, only making me laugh at the shoked face of his.

"Ah! Great start of the day isn't it?" I said still laughing across at him.

"No. No it's not. Get me out of here!!" He said struggling with the pointed ends of the crystals. I walked in front of him and dissipated the crystals, releasing him from such a close experience with death. Also, he fell face-flat on the grass.

"Alright, c'mon." I held out a hand for him to grab which he did and got up. "Okay, just because your ridiculous, I'll give you a chance to now what you wanna know. C'mon."

I walked in front while he trailed behind with several questions. (Some also confused me.)

"Who do you work for?"

"Are you a human? Wait, no of course not, nevermind."

"Are you one of the princesses or something?"

"Is Praxina okay? Can we get her back?"

This is way too quizzical for me. I sighed. "Okay. Question hour's over before it started." I said stopping while he bumped into me from behind and fell backwards.