The Book behind the Cover : II

I have absolutely no idea how long I'm gonna take to finish this story. [-_-] sorry!

Just to clear stuff up, the crystal caller is what I call the thing Iris gave to Carissa to communicate with the others btw!

___________________

"Fine, no need to get aggressive." I said.

"Just leave me alone brat." She scoffed.

"Just wanted to be nice! Not like you'd know bout it."

"Now you're gonna insult me?! This is your 'nice'?"

"It's more of my 'getting angry' phase" I roll my eyes.

"Ugh." She sighed and I knew something was off. I sat down beside her despite everything just happened. "Now , what's wrong?"

"Seriously, we're doing this again? Can't people have their alone time!" She said and turned her back to me. "And.. thanks I guess. But we're not friends."

"Wouldn't expect anything." I stated.

"You're tolerable, kinda." She said sitting sideways to me, facing the lake.

"Was that a complement?"

"Believe what you want, we're not friends though."

I did something I'd like to call a mental shrug. "Now what's wrong?"

"It's personal."

"C'mon."

"Ugh, fine."

"Yay."

"Avery and I had an argument. My cousin." She explained looking sadly at the lake. I've never seen someone so self absorbed, so sad before. No offense to Missy- who am I mind-talking to?

"Oh."

"Just an 'oh'?"

"Nothing more, nothing less."

"There can't be a less than that."

"Precisely."

"..."

She just gave me a sad laugh and went on her way. I noticed something fell out of her pocket while she went away. "Wait! You dropp-" and she was gone. I took a closer look and it was a picture of her and a girl with brown hair and amethyst eyes. I assume, Avery.

Something's up, I just know it.

-----------

Iris came in front of me. "Where were you? The show's about to start!"

"Exploring."

Auriana ran upto us. We were backstage and the others were presumably in the audience. "Ekk! I can't wait!! How do you like the outfits?" She asked. They were all wearing their usual colours but the outfit styles had changed. Talia was wearing an oversized shirt with black leggings while Auriana was wearing a short suit type crop top and black jeans. Iris had her usual pink scheme but she was wearing a shirt and leggings instead of a dress.

"I hate this." Talia commented monotonously.

"They're ni-" I started.

"I know, thanks!" We heard the band name and Auriana unsurprisingly squealed. "C'mon! That's us!!" And dragged Iris away with Talia trailing behind. Good to know I'm not a apart of that.

I walked out from backstage and joined the others in the audience, front row. "Where's Amaru?"

Lyna pointed to Mephisto who was watching very attentively at the show while Amaru sat on his head with a packet of some human food. I almost burst out laughing but then noticed Lyna and Carissa talking without any arguments which was a relief.