Newer, and Better than Ever

1st Person POV

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆

"Did you see the light last night? It was amazing! I heard the princesses going to the royal palace for a reunion. Carissa and Lyna went there too." Izira explained sounding proud.

"I think I'll help myself to it aswell. Anyway, you must be proud of princess Talia." I smiled.

"Oh yes! Ah, If only you had a sister, you would feel the same." She gave me a warm smile and headed back inside.

I do already, but sure. I smiled to myself in relief. The world is finally at peace again, after so many years. I thought, hummed and swirled around while walking up the path to the Ephidian Palace.B. The ath wasn't too long, maybe just a thousand yards or so. And what'd ya know? We're already here!

I hurriedly into the throne room. Memories flashed before my eyes as I once again entered those very halls. The very halls where I played with Arelia, laughed and danced carefree of the world, the very halls where everything ended.

And the very halls where a new beginning might have just started.

I couldn't give my sister a hug or reveal myself to my mother and father as there seemed to be a problem amongst the crowd.

I get a closer view and notice Banes, previously Gramorr's pet panther and above was, Praxina floating, wearing.. a broken half of  Gramorr's wretched mask. She had a cut her hair, shoulder length and wearing a cape that reached her ankles.

Banes roared, making the room tremble at his power. Murmurs filled the room followed by shouts of fear as hundreds of dark magic butterflies flew across the room and vanished.

I furrowed my brows as she said she'd get revenge. She disappeared before a cloud of those same butterflies swarmed the room leaving everyone shocked and startled.

The king gave Iris and her friends a mission to go back to earth and something about it being her destiny and what not. She looked more determined than I've seen her, ever. I've only ever seen her like twice really, I don't know what I was expecting.

I decided I'd follow them to earth and there's only one way that can happen.

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆

At the resistance

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆

The princesses walked into the main tent where Izira was. She was sitting in the leader's chair and stood up as they entered.

"Izira, we need your help. We have to go back to earth, i-its Praxina... After Gramorr-" Iris started, but I noticed that she was still shocked after what happened.

"Yes, I've heard. I can help, but I'm also sending Carissa and Lyna for your safety." She said, more like confirmed them and they nodded with no desire to disagree. "You'll need as much help as possible. Now, You all must go rest after everything that's happened. I'll have you informed when I've opened up a portal. I'll condition it to be permanent, for easier access to Ephidian when you're in trouble. The spell will be difficult, so I must start immediately."

They hesitated a bit at first but eventually agreed. "Good, Now Sciara, mind to escort them?" She turned to me who was observing the situation from afar.

I came out of the corner, and Auriana jumped. "Woh! Sneak attack!"

"I'm not sneak attacking anyone, chill down. You need to learn a thing or two from Talia, she's the only one saw me standing here the whole time." I rolled my eyes and let out a laugh.

I looked at Talia and smiled. "Sure I did, but who is she?" She questioned to Izira.

"This—" she started and came closer to me, "—is Sciara, one of my best recruits and friends." She sighed and continued, "Now let's not waste time. I'll get going while she directs you to your tent."

Talia and Iris agreed while Auriana just inches closer to me. "Sooo... You look cool.... " She looked me up and down and smiled with her teeth.

"Uhm-, thanks?"

"Have you ever tried a smoothie? They're these delicious—"

"Auriana! Come on now! We're leaving." Talia's voice shouted out from outside the tent, followed by Auriana making a sad face and leaving.

Izira and Talia shared a much deeper conversation with their eyes alone while they were in the tent. Long years of experience can do that to someone. "Izira, I need to inform you about something." I said, as she started scrambling through spell books and scrolls.

"Okay, don't keep shut now, I'm listening."

"I want to help. I want to go to Earth with the princesses, I feel I'm needed there. It feels like getting revenge — but in a peaceful almost right way? I don't know— I just-" I sighed at failing to explain anything to the older girl infront of me.

Izira put a hand on my shoulder and said in a calm voice, " Then go ahead. I'd be much more relieved to know that you're with Talia and that they're all protected—" she shook my shoulders in encouragement and continued,"— we all lost something in the war. But we all have different ways to cope with it. If this is yours, then who am I to stop you?"

"Thanks Izira. For everything." I hugged her for maybe the last time, who knows?

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆

I got up as Izira walks in the tent announcing that the portal is ready. "I've sent a messenger to the king and queen to inform them of your leave and the making of the permanent portal. I do not have accurate information on where the portal on the other side leads to, so keep your gaurds up at all costs."

The princesses, Iris with her parents, Talia with Izira, Auriana, Carissa and Lyna with their own acquaintances, shared their goodbyes with eachother before following Izira to where the portal was situated.

One by one, they left. They left with a new mission, a new adventure, and a new part of life.

"I get that you'll leave soon as well?" Izira asked as she came up to me.

"Ah, yes. I just need to take a last look at this place. I've arranged for one of the princesses to leave a trail of crystals for me to catch up to them. I know my attachment to Ephidia seems obsessive, but it's just important to me."

"I get it. Really, I do. Now, I'll leave you to it then." She said as she walked away back at the Resistance.

I marched back to my house. It wasn't quite far away from the portal, or the Resistance camp, so it only took me fifteen minutes or so. I unlocked my house and opened the hatch underneath the carpet and walked down the stairs into a basement.

"Agh... My head hurts. Who's there?— And why is it so dark in here." a male voice rang through the room.

"Chillax, mulberry boy, a thanks would be appreciated. I did in fact save your life." I said as I lit one of the lanterns aflame.

"What?! Wait—" he looked and from where he was sitting on the floor. "— where's Prax? Did you do something to her?!"

"No, I didn't do anything. None of us did. She did something to herself. Something... Unnerving." I shuddered when Praxina's image flew across my mind. "—but we have work to do, plum boy. Now follow me or die in this ditch. Your choice."

"What! Wait up!" He ran upto me and we climbed up the stairs, locked the house, left the house and followed the path back to the portal.

"This is a portal to Earth, and I'll explain everything when we get on the other side." I said as I walked through the portal, followed by him later on. The portal opened up into a cavern sort of crevice between two massive boulders. I spotted the pink crystals and signaled to follow them.

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆

Please vote and hope you enjoyed!