Chapter 19 - What A Girl Can Do

I didn't change a whole lot here, just a few minor things.

Ely:

After we were back inside, I quickly headed for the shower to clean up. Once I was done, I went to the kitchen for a drink and opened the fridge as I heard a door from down the hallway open and shut.

I grabbed a bottle of water and looked around the corner to see Dominic heading towards the kitchen. He was wearing nothing but a pair of black basketball shorts. His dark hair was sticking up everywhere, as if he couldn't be bothered to brush it, but it was the sight of his bare chest that brought me up short.

Seconds after I saw him, the bottle of water slipped out of my fingers. I bent over to get it, only to slam my head into the kitchen counter.

I winced and rubbed my forehead. Dominic let out a curse and quickly grabbed my water. "Are you okay?" He asked as he gently moved my fingers away from my face. "Aw, shit. That's gonna leave a mark, Kitten."

"I'm fine." I said as I continued to rub my throbbing forehead.

He hoisted me up onto the counter. "Don't move." He said before he moved to the freezer. He looked through the contents before grabbing something. "Put this on it. It'll keep the swelling down, and hopefully keep you from getting a black eye."

"Peas?" I asked as I made a face.

He chuckled, "I thought the same thing. I doubt anyone will miss a bag of frozen peas, so I figured it would be safe to use."

I watched him for a few moments before I gently put the frozen peas on my forehead. I winced as the cold bag touched my sensitive skin. "Let me grab a hand towel to wrap that in..." He trailed off as he moved quickly from the room.

I touched my tender forehead again and cringed. I could feel a knot forming already. Dominic strode back into the room and handed me the towel. "Here. I need to find something to wear, will you be okay here??" He asked, concern written all over his face.

"Of course. I've had worse injuries than this before, and they didn't even slow me down. I didn't hit my head hard enough to give myself a concussion. I'm fine. Did you come out here for a reason...?" I asked, trailing off. Or maybe he had just come out here to torture me.

He stopped to stare at me for a second and then nodded, "Yeah. I couldn't remember where I set my hat down at and I realized it was missing after I got out of the shower." He explained.

"Oh." I muttered. That made sense, I guess.

He just shook his head and headed towards his room. I was still on the counter and holding the ice to my head when I heard footsteps approaching the kitchen. Shawn stepped into the kitchen wearing a pair of jeans slung low on his hips. His feet and chest were bare and he was running his fingers through his damp hair. "Hey, El." He mumbled as he walked passed me.

He paused mid-step and his voice dropped an octave as he said, "Ely?"

I tilted my head slightly, "hmm?" I asked.

"You do realize that you weren't left alone for that long, right?" He asked.

"Yes...?" I asked hesitantly.

"What the hell could you have possibly done to yourself in the short amount of time you've been left to your own devices?" He asked as he finally turned to look at me.