Chapter 32 - Passing the Time

Ely:

I slowly woke up and yawned. I frowned for a realized someone had their hand on my bare stomach. A quick glance downward told me that my tank top had ridden up. Another moment went by and I suddenly remembered what had happened last night with vivid clarity.

I squirmed a little, trying to get Jordan to move his hand, but all he did was pull me tighter to his chest and mumble, "Sunshine, lie still. It's the first time in a while we've been able to sleep in and I want to enjoy it."

I squirmed again and Jordan pulled me even closer. He moved himself so that his chin was draped over my shoulder, and I could feel the whiskers on his chin against my neck.

I giggled and attempted to squirm away one last time, and at that, Jordan deliberately ran his whiskered cheek against my neck. I squealed with laughed. "Jordan, stop!" I screeched.

He chuckled deeply as the door flew open. "What's going on in here?" Shawn asked casually. I glanced up at him and realized that although his tone sounded conversational and pleasant, he was scowling and his jaw was clenched.

I used Jordan's distraction against him and rolled out of his arms. I didn't anticipate the sudden meeting that my face had with the floor though. I thunked my forehead against the floor a couple more times for good measure.

Shawn rushed to my side and Jordan was looking at me from in his bed. "Ely, are you alright?" Shawn asked.

"Yup." I mumbled into the floor. I could hear Jordan chuckle from somewhere above me, "This is all your fault." I grumbled, although my words lacked any heat.

Jordan laughed outright this time. "How is it my fault?!" He asked.

"Everything's your fault." Dominic murmured good naturedly as he stepped into the room. "What's Kitten doing on the ground?" His voice sounded confused.

"It was Jordan's fault." I repeated. I heard Shawn chuckle softly as he gripped my waist in his hands and helped me off the ground.

"Go get showered and dressed, Babe. Breakfast will be here in just a bit, and then we can spend the rest of the morning however we want to." Shawn said, popping me lightly on my thigh.

I made a face at him as I stepped out of the room to go get ready for the day.

~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~

I wore a pair of comfy, black capris and a thin, pink t-shirt. Breakfast had been eaten fairly quickly and Jordan had wanted to play some video games. Dominic and Shawn quickly agreed, but they kept throwing glances at me, as if worried I'd be unable to occupy myself.

I inwardly chuckled when I realized they didn't think I'd be playing the game with them. The three of them sat on the couch. I had realized that they seemed to like it when I did something unexpected, so I walked in front of them and said, "I'll play as well." And stole Dominic's hat to put on my head.

The three of them stared at me before Jordan grinned, "I like confident Ely." He said in a whisper to the others.

I raised an eyebrow at him, "You realize I can hear you, right?" I asked.

I caught Dominic's eye and he winked at me as Jordan nodded, "Of course I realized that." He rolled his eyes teasingly at me. I was surprised that Dominic didn't request his hat back, but I shrugged and curled my feet underneath me on the chair.

Shawn tossed me a controller as Dominic gave me a look and said, "Try to keep up."

I glanced at the screen and tried to hold back my laughter, which ended up coming out as a snort. "Mario Kart?" I asked.

Jordan gave me a serious look. "Hey, don't mock the race car driving plumber!"

Dominic choked as he was taking a swig of water while trying to contain his laughter.

Shawn shook his head, "Children, do I have to separate you two?"

I grinned cheekily, "Ooo, you're in trouble." I drew out the word trouble in a sing song way.

Jordan stuck his tongue out at me and I rolled my eyes. "Children, are we playing or not?" Shawn asked.

"Yes, Father." Dominic and Jordan both said at once. Their response sent me into another fit of laughter.

Shawn started the game as he said, "Pick your characters. As you hyenas continue to laugh, I'll be racing my character over the finish line ahead of you."

I looked over each of the characters carefully. We were playing the Wii U version, and I chose the pink Yoshi. Dominic chose Koopa Troopa, Jordan chose Shy Guy, and Shawn chose Mario.

Once all our characters were chosen, we chose our karts. The boys seemed to be putting a lot of thought and preparation into their choices, especially Dominic. Out of all the choices, I chose the pink kart that looked like a cat, the rainbow looking wheels, and the parasol glider.

After deciding that I probably had the most girly combination possibly, I approved my decision. Jordan shot me a glance, "You're so... pink..." He said, unable to come up with another adjective.

I nodded, "I know." I replied with a grin.

Shawn chose the course and I revved my car. They looked surprised, "Wait... Do you actually know what you're doing?" Dominic asked.

I shot him a mock glare and sniffed, "Of course I do. I'm awesome at Mario Kart."

Jordan laughed really hard, but when he realized he was the only laughing he stopped. "Oh... you were serious?"

I nodded. "Of course I was serious. I don't brag unnecessarily, unlike some people." I replied, implying that he was someone who would brag.

Jordan shook his head, "That's hot." He muttered.

I heard a smack, and when I glanced at the boys, Jordan was shooting Dominic a glare, "That was uncalled for." He muttered.

Shawn sighed and paused the game. "Jordan, trade seats with me, please."

Jordan scooted over and winked at me. Out of the three of them, he was now sitting the closest to me. "Are we ready to play again?" I asked hopefully. I had been kicking their butts when Shawn had paused the game and I was eager to win.

"Yeah, we're ready." Shawn replied as he unpaused the game. After another lap, I crossed the finish line just barely ahead of Shawn. He smiled at me, as if proud that I had beaten all three of them.

We played the next three courses, and I ended up getting second overall. Dominic ended in first and seemed proud of himself.

We played another few rounds, with each of the boys swapping out characters and car parts between each race. I kept my pink Yoshi/pink cat car combo, just for kicks and giggles. I never was the overall winner of the courses, but we all had quite a bit of fun playing the game.

Eventually Shawn's phone went off. He had set the alarm earlier so that we could get some lunch before our final test. "Time to put the game up." He said.

"Aww, do we hafta?" Jordan whined.

I giggled and he shot me a wink, letting me know he was playing. I smiled back before I dashed into my room to make sure I was completely ready for my final test, since we'd be headed there directly after we finished eating.