Chapter 28 - Clues

I honestly don't know if I've changed anything in this chapter... I don't think so...

I've finished rewriting this story, but I still have 7 more chapters to post after this one... one a day for the next week. :D

Enjoy!

Ely:

            I sat at the kitchen table and stared into my cup of coffee. I wasn't a fan of it, but I was still tired after last night.

            I had pulled on a pair of jeans and a hoodie after my shower, figuring I could wear comfortable clothes for the tests today.

            We had all fallen asleep in the living room after our meeting, but we hadn't slept for very long. I was now showered and waiting for all the guys to get ready. I was nice enough to make them coffee while I was waiting, but the caffeine was calling to me.

            Jordan stumbled into the kitchen wearing dark blue skinny jeans and a loose, red t-shirt. "Coffee?" He asked, perking up a little.

            I smiled and nodded. "I thought everyone could use some."

            He nodded and grabbed a mug. Once he had filled it, he sat down next to me. His usually playful eyes were serious as he asked, "Are you okay?"

            I nodded, "I appreciate the concern, but I'd be more worried about Shawn. It was his past that caught up with him."

            He nodded, "I was worried about both of you." He replied as he played with the handle of his coffee mug.

            "I appreciate it, Jordan. But really, I'm fine. When we were sparring during that test, I only won against Dominic because I was fast and he underestimated me. I can hold my own in a fight as well as fight dirty, but that man caught me by surprise with his skill and he overpowered me quickly." I glanced down at my coffee, surprised to see it was nearly gone.

            "You were awesome, Sunshine. Are your ribs alright, though?" He asked. I nodded as Dominic stepped into the room and dropped into a chair.

            He stretched and his dark green shirt rode up a little on his stomach. "Morning." He mumbled. He poured himself some coffee before rooting in the fridge and cupboards for some food. "Toast... I need bread..." He started mumbling to himself.

            Jordan snorted and nearly spit out his coffee as he tried to contain his amusement. I coughed to hide mine. Dominic still had his head in the pots and pans cupboard as he pointed at us, "Jo, Kit... Don't start."

            I bit my lip and got out of my chair. "Domi, you might have better luck finding the bread in the pantry." I informed him softly as I opened the pantry for him.

            He blinked and looked at me in surprise, "Right. Pantry." I pulled the bread out of the pantry and held it up for him. He shot me a smile, "Thanks, Kitten."

            I nodded, "I also recommend drinking some coffee to help wake yourself up." He sighed and nodded.

            Shawn stepped into the room dressed in loose jeans, a white ribbed tank top, and a dark blue button up shirt that he had left unbuttoned. He quietly asked, "After we eat, is everyone ready for tests today?"

            I made a face, "Not really." I muttered.

            Jordan nodded in agreement.