Part 3

I was flying silently, tiredly, heavily.  The strength in my wings diminished, and my body began to weaken.  My need for blood was increasing.  If I didn't feed in half an hour, I was sure I'd fall powerlessly to the ground.  So I descended slightly from the pitch-black sky towards the city of Sigori, which shone brightly beneath me.  Towards the city of Punished Vampires.

There was a reason why Sigori was called the City of Punished Vampires.  The wild, dangerous vampires who were overly fond of their freedom were subjected to the harshest punishments here.  Some vampires could not stand the punishments and would lose their minds and go crazy.  Therefore, crime could not be committed in Sigori.  The vampires living in Sigori had witnessed so much that they would pay dearly for even the slightest crime.

I glided down towards the hunting ground in Sigori.  The light of the full moon added an eerie air to the forest.  I could tell from the smells that filled my nose that I was not alone in the forest.  Two vampires were making love a hundred and fifty yards away.  The wild sounds they made, their harsh touches to each other, sounded like they were blasting in my ears.  Hearing this good can be awful sometimes.  I could even hear their moans as if I was right next to them.  I pulled my ears away from the two horny vampires and listened to the sounds of snoring sleeping animals.

While trying to figure out which animal the animal sounds belong to, I realized that one of them was Disgust.  It didn't matter anymore what the other animals were.  Tiksin was the animal with the most beautiful blood in Sigori.

With silent strides, I hurried towards the tic, who was almost two hundred meters away.  I tried to keep my steps very quiet, because the Tiksins could hear as well as any vampire.  In fact, it was strange how he hadn't woken up to the sounds those two vampires were making.  As I got closer to the vampires' side, I realized that a groan was very familiar.  The occasional growling sounds reminded me of Iad.  That might have been possible, since Iad loved to fuck female vampires in the jungle.  The female vampire was above the male when I got up a little and looked at the couple making love ahead of me.  Although I couldn't see the vampire underneath, I was sure by his thick legs that it was Iad.  I think the female he was making love to was Ashley.  Although I wasn't sure about it, I stopped spying on them and started gliding towards my prey.

Lying under the thick-trunked tree, Tiksin was now in my sight.  The burly reptile made my mouth water with its pink flesh.  As my finger and toenails grew and thickened, they turned into a sharp blade.  I felt my blue eyes darken, every feather on my wings turning into poisonous Ritna with sharp teeth.  Although Ritna resembled a reptilian snake with her forked tongue, her head structure resembled a crocodile.  While his eyes were like those of a snake, his tongue carrying three teeth and venom made him a snake.  This Ritna, a hybrid of crocodile and snake, was home to the color of the feathers on my wings.  But unfortunately my Ritnas were weaker than other clans.  It was because I was weak.  Of course, I had no idea how they snapped Natasha's neck.

Tears filled my eyes as Alex's silvery eyes flashed before mine.  The icy-looking silverware had upset my feelings.  He hated me just because I was a coward.  He was right.  Where was he ever seen a vampire as cowardly as me?  While even my family was not happy with my cowardice, a vampire like Alex would of course be disgusted with me.  Yes, I had earned the disgust of the most handsome and dangerous vampire in Sigori.  It probably hurt me.  He regretted taking him to his family.  Miserable, poor, stupid, me.

One of my Ritnas wiped her tongue with her tongue, wiping a few silly tears down my cheeks.  This brought me to my senses and made me refocus on the prey in front of me.  I opened it in my Ritnas too.  We needed to be fed and strengthened.  My snow-white Ritnas were standing in front of my face, looking tenderly at me with their cute little bead-like eyes.  I smiled at them tearfully.  Even my own Ritnas took pity on me.  OK, they didn't hurt.  To them, I was the most wonderful thing in Sigori.  But still, the thought that every living thing pity me had settled in my brain in a stereotyped way.