Part 7

As we approached the end of the tale, everything was going happily.  Even though I don't believe in happy endings, I wanted this fairy tale to have a happy ending.  Was it selfish to want my own fairy tale to have a good ending?  I guess it was silly to talk about a question I knew the answer to.  Because I didn't think my fairy tale would have a happy ending.  Alex was still alive, but Natasha's head was still not found.  How could it be right to think that this fairy tale would have a happy ending when we were both faced with severe punishments?

"Who is King Arkodip?"  I asked the half-scorpion-blood vampire I was flying side by side towards the Moon.  While he was flying slowly because of his injured body, I was flying slowly, keeping up with him.  His silvery eyes turned towards me as the shiny silver strands forming in places in his hair shimmered more strongly under the influence of the moonlight.  Although her long silver eyelashes were the same color as her hair, she didn't have a single black lash on her lashes.

"The strongest of the Scorpion Gods. The most special blood. His blood has the power to kill millions of scorpions. Likewise, he can easily kill vampires. In fact, Arkodip can kill any creature he wants with this poisonous blood."  said Alex, when he wasn't putting much distance between himself and the Moon.

"Then isn't he supposed to poison you too?"  ' I asked, running my worried eyes over him.  The tips of his wings, which were dark blue and black, were still home to burnt red.  I just continued to watch his eyes staring into my eyes as I felt something twisted inside me, that there was a lot of smoke.

"No, it doesn't. He had done it. Every time I had refused," he said, flying to the bright beam of light above the Moon.  I had to squint my eyes as I followed him.  The light was so much that even a vampire could lose his sight.

"Did you meet your father when you were born?"  I asked, sitting on the bright softness of the flat terrain on the Moon's surface.  It was like sitting on the lightbulb used to illuminate on the planet where humans live.  Warm and soft.  I carefully studied his facial expressions as I snuggled close to Alex, anxiously awaiting his response.

"No."  he muttered, wrapping his arms around my shoulders and pulling my head against his chest.  I couldn't stop myself from swallowing hard as the smell reminding me of my hunger was filling my lungs.  "I lived with my mother *for a long time in Ecrafsch. I didn't have a father. My mother and I were single. I kept wondering about it but tried to ignore it. Whenever I asked my mother, I hardly got an answer."  she said, pressing her lips to my hair, leaving a kiss.

"Ecrafsch. That's where you came to Sigori? Abandoned city of vampires..." I said, thinking about what Iad had said about that city.  Iad hated the vampires there.  Ecrafsch, according to Sigori, was a city without rules.  No matter what they do there, they are not punished, never accused.  That's why Iad didn't like them, why he hated them.  While they were too free, we were constrained in our every move.  That's why Sigori became the city of punished vampires.  This was the only city of vampires where justice prevailed.

"My mother, Lebis, is the Queen of Ecrafsch. The second city of vampires without a king."  she said, laughing under her moustache.  Another city without the King and Queen was Sigori.  Only clan leaders were here.  The words that came out of their mouths would determine the fate of this city.

"How did they meet your father? One is a vampire, one is a scorpion. How could these two hating species be united?"  I asked, looking up at him.  He pressed his lips to my nose, stroking my chin with his right hand, as his shiny silvers tucked into my dark blues.  A small groan escaped my lips from his sharp teeth as he pulled his lips from my nose, leaving a tiny bite.  Without taking my eyes off his eyes, I waited to hear the words spilling from his lips.

"My mother is a hybrid. Her mother too. And her mother's mother too. That's why she was attached to my father's appearance in the human body, and she fascinated my father with her own beauty. When they were both spiritually connected, they united their bodies as they united their souls. Then there was already another hybrid. Me. Since my mother expected me to be female too, she did not know how to react to my being a hybrid. What my mother wanted is a hybrid lineage. But I can't reproduce, I breed. " I unintentionally averted my eyes from him.  He parted my lips and rubbed his finger over my teeth as his hands roamed over my lips.  He did this knowing that I was going to bite him as a result.  I could taste the bitter taste of scorpion blood as my teeth bit into its hard skin.  I pushed his finger out of my mouth as I pushed the sickening taste of blood away from my mouth.

“What disgusting blood you have!” I squeaked, making a face.

"Do you think your own blood is perfect?"  ' he asked sarcastically.

"Hey, I'm a vampire and so are you. You can't call your own blood disgusting."  I said, frowning as I looked at him.  Grinning, showing his teeth, he lowered his head and pulled back, taking a quick kiss on my lips.  He bent down to kiss me again, watching her with a furtive gaze.  But this time I quickly pressed my hand to his lips and stopped him.

"You can't kiss someone whose blood you call disgusting."  I said, my sneering victorious eyes staring into his squinting eyes.  He kept his eyes on mine as he took one of my fingers on his lips and sucked it into his mouth.  He put his teeth on my finger and started sucking the tiny incision he made.  I quickly removed my finger from his mouth as the finger that his tongue touched went numb.  As I stared at my index finger, I stared into the hole, which was wet and tiny.  The blood was not flowing, but the smell of my own blood was coming to me.  Feeling my hunger again, I came to the conclusion that I must hunt.

"It wasn't disgusting at all. I think your blood is different. It made me hungry. Let's hunt together."  He got up from the warm and soft floor where he was sitting.  Leaving the moon and its bright light behind, we were carried away like a baby in her arms.  There wasn't much distance between him and my head, his eyes looking from one to the sky to my lips as he placed a quick kiss on my lips.  When we started to descend towards the area where the sounds of animals are abundant and the trees are dense, he left a kiss on my lips again.  I pressed my lips to hers this time, while constantly laughing at her kissing me.  In response, he bestowed upon me a wide smile, his lips imprisoning my lips.  His lips hung hungrily on mine as my back met a tree trunk.  His hands gripped my hips, squeezing tightly, pushing his tongue into my mouth.  I bit his tongue as his lithe tongue rubbing against my teeth turned me on.  The blood flowing from his tongue to my palate looked like a rotten cherry.  That mismatched mix of sour and sweet was in his blood.

He pulled his lips from mine in a few hard kisses.  I felt his blood again as he licked my freed lips.  I was looking at him with misty eyes as my hunger began to manifest itself, screaming and screaming.  I could clearly see the passion and hunger in his eyes.

"Better go hunting before we dry each other's blood?" I said, looking at him questioningly.  He swallowed hard.

"It's not normal for me to be this attached to you. I thought I had tied you to myself. But it's like you're the one doing this to me. I can't go against you," he said without taking his eyes off my face.

“I guess it works differently for me,” I said after getting my breathing in order.

"Probably."  he said and took my hand and dragged me to the place where we were going to hunt.  When we saw the Zibars mating with each other, our gazes went back and forth faster than a succession of lightning bolts.  I gripped the hand that gripped my hand as I silently advanced towards our prey.  As if to prevent him from escaping.

*

Ecrafsch: A city with no one, vampires who are excluded from other vampires, where there is no justice and no rules.  Abandoned City of Vampires.