Part 4

I was upside down with my feet on the ceiling.  My long black hair was sweeping the floor.  My mind was on Alex as I frowned at the black glossy floor.  Where was he now, what was he doing?  Did he ever think of me?  There was something about him that made me feel like I was in a cage.  It was unbelievable that he had such an effect on me.  My eyes landed on my sister, who opened the door to my room and was looking at me strangely.  After staring down for a few more seconds: "You idiot."  it was said.

I took a deep sigh and returned to my normal position.  I took off my black mini dress and threw it randomly in a corner of my room.  From my closet, which has shadowy black geometric patterns, I took a black top with open straps from the back to the coccyx.  I wore the suspenders and wore leather shorts underneath.  Without seeing the need to wear anything on my feet, I approached the window.  I spread my wings to both sides and let myself down.  I had no idea where I was going when I was flying fast.  Sigori, who could not see the sun, was again illuminated by the Moon.  I started flying towards the moon.  The moonlight intensified as the wind swept across my skin.  I couldn't stand the bright white light that penetrated my eyes any longer, and I descended towards Lake Naste.  The intense smell of acid rising from Lake Naste had rang my Ritna's danger bells and woke them up.  When I got pretty close to the lake, I curled up into a ball, so I wrapped my arms between my legs.  The turquoise lake was bubbling with heavy acid and filth.  Vampires were forbidden to enter this lake.  Because the types of acids in the lake were dangerous enough to cause the death of a vampire.  I guess I was an exception to this situation.  I have been to this lake many times before and have not taken any damage.  Could this be because I have different colored wings?  I had no idea.  As I made a mental note to talk to my mother about this subject, I sank into the lake.

I took a deep breath to figure out who it was when I heard the sound of a pair of wings flying towards me.  I was left breathless when I smelled the smell of blood mixed with mud infiltrating my nose.  He was right behind me.  It was flying towards me and was coming towards me.  alex...

"You're not thinking of going down to that lake, are you, Ann?"

I did not answer.  Without looking at him, I continued down to the lake.

"Ann!"  Was the letter A a bastard, Alex?  I ignored it and continued to descend into the lake.  As I got closer to the lake, he grabbed my curled body and pulled me towards him.  He pressed me against his damp bare chest and turned me towards him.

"What's wrong with you? Do you want to die, Ann?"

I turned my eyes to his silver eyes.  I distanced myself from him as he glared at me.  She smoothed her black hair with her hands and looked into my eyes patiently.  There were thousands of words in his gaze.  Ambition, grudge, anger, hatred, passion... What I saw intensely was passion.  It was as if he had a passion in him that he had accumulated over the years.  Or he was under the influence of his passion.

"What do you want?"  ' I asked in a gruff voice.

"You're not strong enough to fulfill my wishes, Ann…" she said, reflecting the cheekiness under her sentence.  I gave him a sideways glance.  I threw myself into the bubbling lake before he could turn around and stop me.

"Anna!"

His frantic scream could be easily heard from under the lake.  I went a little deeper into the lake and watched its dark silhouette falling on the lake.  It spread its wings rapidly, causing the water to ripple.  He had his head in his hands, looking exactly where I was.  I caught the glint of excitement in his eyes.  She thought I was going to die too, she.  She thought that this lake would hurt me too, she.

"Anna!"  He cursed a few words as he said it in anger.  He was staring at me in horror as I pulled myself up and looked at him.

"Go away!"  My voice had a harshness that was quite foreign to my ears.

"You're in an acid lake right now and you're still alive?"  The doubt in his tone was reflected in his silvery eyes.  I shrugged.  Even though I thought about not responding, it didn't look like he would leave me alone without any response.

"Yes. The lake does not harm me."

"From where?"

"I don't know."

"I'm going in too."  When he said that, I looked at him as if to say no more.

"Hey-" I couldn't continue my sentence.

Her burnt wings and skin shriveled as Alex's muffled scream echoed through the night.  He was barely holding himself above the lake, barely holding on to avoid falling into the lake.  I came out of the lake and flew towards him.  My wings were heavy because they were wet.  I gripped him hard as Alex collapsed on top of me, unconscious.  He had a soulless expression on his face as my worried gaze wandered over his face.

"Damn! "

I tucked my arms under her armpits, wrapped my legs around her waist, and pressed her tightly against me as she loaded her heavy body, not knowing what to do.  I flew towards Watfestiy (hospital) in Sigori.  I cursed at Alex for being so heavy as I struggled to spread my wings.  It was as if I was carrying a Tiksin that had finished one hundred and fifty thousand.  As I continued to fly, I grit my teeth at the darkness I saw ahead.

"Who's this?"  The owner of the problem was none other than Iad.  He was staring at me with his piercing blue eyes staring at me.

"Alex."  I said in a tone I tried to keep calm.  "It fell in Naste. I'm taking it to Watfestiy. It looks bad."  After looking at us for a while, he approached us.  "Give it to me. I'll carry it."  He took Alex from me.

"Is this the boy who killed the leader?"  ' Iad asked.  His icy blue eyes were staring from one sky to another.

"Yes He."

*

"What are you doing in Naste, Ani?"  ' Iad asked, eyeing me suspiciously.  His eyes narrowed as he licked my bottom lip between my teeth.  Alex was trying to be treated inside right now.  Merwer(Doctor) had made it clear that death awaits those who fall for Naste.  I knew this was true.  But Alex was different.  He had scorpion blood, he couldn't die.

"I was swimming in the lake."  I said, staring into his icy blue eyes.  A look of surprise first appeared in his eyes, and then the same hardness took its place.

"You were swimming? In Naste?"  He said in disbelief.

"Yes, I was swimming. As you can see, I'm all right."

"Since when have you been doing this, Ani?"  ' he asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Long time Iad."

"My little brother has such a trait and you're just saying it."  He said, smiling under his mustache.  I averted my gaze and stared at the black door.  I forced myself to hear Alex's voice.  All I heard was his wheezing breaths.  I knew Merwer drugged him.  He was not awake, and it was not certain that he would wake up.  You can't succumb to a stupid acid lake, Alex!

"Ahahahaha."  With Iad's annoying laugh, I turned my gaze to him.  He was looking at me and grinning slyly.  He understood...

"Our little one fell in love..." I didn't give him any answer as he continued to roll his sly eyes on me.  But he continued to speak.

"I hope he dies there, Ani... Otherwise his death will be at my hands."  His tone was harsh and sharp.  He wasn't sarcastic.  His facial expression was as serious as his tone.  That's why I hated this protective feature of Iad.  Because he did what he said.  I didn't answer and avoided looking at him.  At that moment the black door opened and Merwer in the long black cloak stared at me, his eyes black as his skin.

"There's only one chance."  He said, turning his gaze from me to Iad.  Iad was staring at her with an indifferent tone.

"Why?"

"We need to cleanse his skin with the blood of any scorpion in Scorlas. Or he will die..."

As I stared at Merwer in horror, memories of Scorlas flashed before my eyes.  I didn't have the slightest doubt that those scorpions would have ripped me apart if it wasn't for Alex.  I would surely die if I went there alone.

"We're out of business here, let's go Ani..." Iad started pulling me.

❄❄❄