Part 5

I was the black dots on the black.  Hardly discernible, invisible.  Those who are not looked after carefully because they don't want to see...

I just stood on the roof and looked around.  I looked at Sigori with blank eyes.  Despite the fact that most apartments are painted black on the outside, Sigori shines brightly.  They had surnames on each house, with colored lights around their black houses.  There were Yozbirjoys on our right.  On our left are Virostup's.  I didn't like either clan family.  The fact that my wings were white increased their teasing and driving me crazy.  Even at school it was the same.  Because of my wings, the clans in my class always tried to humiliate me.  But the fact that Stella was right next door to me scared them, and they couldn't say much.

Alex would die.  Because of me...

I stood up from my seat and spread my wings.  I didn't know where I was flying as I took off lightly.  While my wings were taking me wherever they wanted, I was going towards the area where the Merwers were sitting.

The name written in black matte lights on the gray wall was Gibri Setyon.  As my wings landed towards the house, the grains of fear that surrounded me were whispering rudely, making bad thoughts note in my brain.  Because the inscription on the house meant House of Death.  They used to carry the bodies of newly deceased vampires here for a while.  Then they would freeze them, cut them into pieces, and throw each piece of ice on Vircosma (Volcano).  The icy dismembered body would first melt and then cause Vircosma to explode.  It was something that had only happened three times.  The cause of death for all three was Lake Naste.  The vampire who fell here had no escape.  He would die.  I was an exception in this case.  I guess my mom was right, I should have realized my difference.

As if my wings had fulfilled their duty, they lowered towards the ground, my feet reaching the uneven floor as I stared at the gray iron door.  While my white wings were sticking to my back, they were stuck in the form of a tattoo on my back, on my skin dominated by black.  Every time I watched my reflection in the mirror, I was fascinated by my black and white harmony.  The white wings that covered my entire back... It would have created an exquisite image.

I approached the door.  A shiver ran through my body from my excitement as my long, slender fingers gently gripped the doorknob.  As he slowly opened the door, an odor similar to the smell of damp and salt spirits spread around.  As I stopped breathing for that moment, I went inside.  It was just a dim white light that illuminated the surroundings.  I was inside a large room, but it was dim and empty.  It's huge and empty.  The walls were also painted gray.  Across the huge empty hall was a golden door.  The door swung open as it glowed.  A female vampire in a black cloak was staring at me from head to toe as her white-tinged eyes were looking at what she was doing here.  After glancing at me for a while longer, I took a small step in surprise and limply stepped on my other foot.  As I nearly fell to the ground, the woman grabbed me and prevented me from falling.  There was no expression on his face as he looked at her with a embarrassed look.

"Yes."  He said as he walked away from me.  "What are you doing here?"

"I..." What was I doing here?  “My wings brought me here... I don't know why.” Alex, was he here?

"Did something happen to your girlfriend?"  ' he asked in a flat voice.

Beloved?  Alex wasn't my girlfriend.  But he was the one I was shackled to.  It was kind of my lover.

"He's dead," I said, looking into his eyes.  His cold eyes flickered and sparkled for a moment.  Then he took on the same sternness again and began to stare straight ahead.

"They're going to bring someone over here soon. Is it him?"

"Yes."

"I think it fell on Naste. The only way out is to be cleaned with scorpion blood. That seems like an impossible thing."