Chapter 9: Once a Sith

3rd POV:

"Normally I would love to give you a handshake but guess I can't now?" Said Revan,who manifested in a slightly transparent form,being a dead man for ages.

"Cut your crap,If I were a ghost,I wouldn't do that if I were you for the chills and giggles,frankly,it's true."

They stared at each other for a while,which from the other's perspective was very childish and uncalled for,while the funniest part is that they didn't know what they were doing either.

"Pfft.." As they stared down,Rimuru started giggling uncontrollably as he tried his best to cover his grin and chuckles,though he failed miserably at such.

"Hahaha..." Then,Revan followed up his friend's footsteps as he also couldn't hold it back any longer,no matter how stoic he tried to act.

After several seconds of such, both finally burst into laughter in unison.

""Haha..hahahahahahaha!!""

As they finally stopped laughing, they finally had some time to exchange some formal greetings instead of just waves of nostalgic nonsense.

"Haven't changed a bit have you? You are still the same as you were, Rimuru..."

"Wait, how did you know my new name? I never met you after my re-reincarnation here have I?"

"Well, he did tell me the context," said Revan while pointing to Veldanava, who awkwardly waved his hands.

They then sat down and summarized the recent events to the spirit, which amused him quite much seeing how the world has changed, reminding him of the place where he originally came from.

A universe filled with endless warfare, factions, and factions killing each other for power and territory again and again, Republic and The Confederacy, Rebellion and the Empire, light and the dark, between each always had a peaceful time before the storm broke out.

He even fought in a few wars himself, played a part in the good and the evil.

Yet he was tired of war. True that he was a brilliant strategist and a fighter, one of the best Jedi and the most powerful Sith lords of all time Still, he grew sick of warfare and wanted peace.

He had many, many students, but to him, the most outstanding one was none other than Rimuru. Mastering the lightsaber combat forms even if he doesn't use one, and other deadly fighting styles. Not only in martial arts, he also grew to understand his philosophies and teachings, heavily inspired by them, causing him to be very skilled in his way.

Just say that his impact in both universes is very significant in all aspects.

"I hope another war doesn't break out, I still don't understand why people never seemed to learn from history the consequences of killing each other to in the end gain nothing." He said, sounding irritated.

"Nobody likes war here, don't we? I feel the same as you do, but sometimes, things are not under our control." Veldanava calmly replied, while taking a sip of tea.

"This universe is the place where it resembles my dreams the most. No wide-scale warfare, but peace and necessary order where people live their own lives apart from the greedy bugs which anywhere ought to have."

"For the most part. I'd say that the peace eons ago was established by the presence of him and Rimuru together, right?" Velzard asked, pointing at Veldanava.

"The people had a common respect for both of them, whether it's their power or their overall personality, and together kept any signs of war away."

"And unfortunately, the world doesn't seem to remain as peaceful as it should've been," Rimuru said, putting his hands on his chin as he explained.

"Now, the world has seemingly returned to its most primal state. Humans had turned greedy again, let alone selfish. Not only forgetting me but also losing touch with the concept of Veldanava's existence."

"And what do you mean by it?" Revan questioned,to which Rimuru lightly laughed as he let out a mysterious smile.

"Before I had regained my memories in this life during the Walpurgis,the idea to live in cooperation and prosperity with the humans was the only thing I had in my head."

Pausing for a moment as his mind flashed through the face of a human that he owed too much to,he resumed,though with a sterner voice.

"How naive it was,to dream that they won't backstab and betray you. And so,after returning to my true self,which is now,I decided that instead of living in common cooperation,I must in some way,monitor them. And to achieve this would require power. Not just my power..."

He scanned through everyone in the room as he continued.