Chapter 16: To remember

"Damn,how is the line that long?" I scratched my head after waiting for 10 minutes at the Ice cream shop in irritation under the burning sun while my human body is starting to sweat heavily.

"Hehe,are you annoyed for only 10 minutes already? That doesn't sound like you,Rimuru?" Velzard in turn,giggled and teased me for his irritated look.

"I know,how about you go to the park over there and take a little seat under the tree first? Although you are literally the definition of the element of Ice,nobody would like to be exposed to this kind of hellish torment for over 5 minutes,right?." I suggested while pointing at a nearby park that had a fountain in the middle.

"Alright,don't spend too long though! Or else I might end up melting."

"Nice joke,you don't melt even if you were thrown into the lava in the hottest pits of a volcano."

"No fun." She just slapped his shoulders and pouted on me,like usual.

"Yeah yeah,come on,just sit there already. If you stayed under the sunlight that much you may actually get uncomfortable,considering there are almost no clouds existing to block even a bit of the sun.." I said.

"Okay,I will be..there then! Don't take too long!"

"You have my word."

She then walked away to the couch and sat there,waiting for me to finish my order patiently. Well,I better be quick. I don't want to stay under this level of sunlight for any slightest.

As I was busy thinking in my head about how uncomfortable I'm feeling every second under the bright shine,I didn't realize that it's finally my turn to order the Ice creams.

"Good morning Rimuru-sama,what is your order?"

"Ah hello! I would like to order one normal-sized chocolate flavored Ice cream cup,and a strawberry flavored Ice cream cup,but double the size!"

"..................."

The entire space suddenly felt silent. No noises,the chatters and normal talks of the line and the pedestrians ceased. Funnily how everyone apart from the cashier, who is surprisingly calm,is staring at me as if I'm a ghost or something.

"Ehh..Anything went wrong..?" Feeling weird,I decided to start talking to maybe heat up the environment. Turns out it wasn't a good idea at all!

"Oh my,it's really Rimuru-sama!" Citizen A said.

"Good to see you here,Rimuru-sama!" Another Citizen B greeted me,though I still waved back.

"Kyaahhh! Rimuru-sama is so cool as always!" Citizen C started to praise me..

"Rimuru-sama,why are you here?" Oh god..

"Rimuru-sama!...." I,I uh..

"Wait wait wait! too much too much! You guys,calm down a bit!" I dare that if I stayed quiet and finished the order,I could've teleported somewhere else to hide for a few moments!

After getting recognised,people just flocked to me,asking a flurry of questions and asking for photographs or signings,etc etc I am NOT going to list out every single one. This is suffocating!

But that's not happening today,not now.

"Hey hey,calm down a bit would you all? You see he's really busy right now." A familiar voice ranged behind me,causing me to turn my head to have a little look on who I think he is.

There goes Veldanava,who appears and re-directed the attention on him instead. I need to thank him later.

"Let's ask him your questions someday, shall we? Nobody wants your lord to get no rest time,right?"

And after a few more chattings,he swayed the blooming crowd away,and gave me enough time to finish the payment for the Ice creams without that much of a distraction.

"Phew,I got to thank you for that one,Velda." I said,patting his shoulders.

"No problem,just a little job of mine to help out my best friend!" He smirks and gave me a thumbs up. Really,you are reliable sometimes.

"That's great,but why are you here? You seemingly vanished for the entire day uptill now."

"That's classified! Anyway,I'm off,so enjoy your time!"

"Wait,you haven't-"

When he was about to ask,he already teleported away in an instant,leaving no traces behind his existence.