Chapter 15: Minor spars

It was a weird choice,but it doesn't matter that much. If it means hanging out with him,I don't really care in what way it is!

"Sure,but where?"

"Follow me,I will show you somewhere special." He said.

We walked through streets and roads,up and down,eventually crossing a little forest and reaching..a school or sort?

"We are going to train..in a school?" I asked,not really understanding where this is going.

"Not really,we are going to train at the school's battleground. You see,it's the second largest apart from the colosseum back at the main city. And,we won't be fighting seriously. If we do,this place is doomed." Rimuru answered half jokingly,though it is actually the reality.

"Though nowadays,there is almost,if not nobody that could match up to you,there is still a need to return it to your prime,it would be the best for your own good."

"Such as Lord of patience Gabriel?" The first thing I thought of is my Lord of patience,the first ever ultimate skill I had achieved in my long life. It sure is powerful,but nowhere close to Rimuru's God of void Azathoth.

"Not exactly. We are not talking about your skill,but your way of fighting,your martial arts and your skill in a weapon. You probably never utilized them properly for a long time since there is no need for it. However, since I am back,I see the necessity of familiarizing yourself with them again." We discussed while having our way to the battlegrounds through hallways and doors,earning gazes from people we cross by.

"Tada! Here we are! I think this would be enough as we are not going at all-uh I forgot,not like I can win against you now anyway." He remarked on himself,chuckling. Though I see it as a huge false statement.

Back then in his prime he managed to entertain big brother Veldanava for a good fight before being defeated. He lasted way longer than Guy ever did and was the first ever to give the god of creation of all reality a decent fight,even if had largely surpassed his power to not make reality crumble,it is still very impressive.

What does that mean? I challenged him when we first met after big brother introduced me to him. Of course my power back then was weaker than it is now,but he still managed to hang his sword near my throat after 5-6 turns in 1 minute. I can't really understand how foolish I was,he could've killed me there if he could,but he didn't. His nature and personality never made him the kind for bloodlust and evil.

Throughout the years,we did some sparring and I never even came close to winning him for once. Every time I used an "opening" created by him intentionally to attack him,he always neutralized it in one shot. He's simply gifted and a martial genius. He wasn't called the 'Weapon Master' for no reason.

"Yo,you alright Velzard?" The moment I snapped back to reality,I saw him waving in front of me with his hands trying to get my attention.

"O-oh,I'm fine. Just thinking for a bit." I replied to ease his questions,which he gladly accepted.

"Good,now that we are here,shall we begin? The rules are simple,both of us are forbidden to use any kinds of skills apart from hand to hand weapon combat. To make it interesting,I can grant you a reward on your wish if you manage to land a blow on me in 5 minutes!" I'm always interested,but that last part got my attention the most.

"You said so?" I said,trying to get the answer that I wanted to hear.

"Do I ever lie?" He smiled before taking his sword out of its case,swinging and into a classic stance.

"Ha,you never lied." Opening my own personal dimension space and taking out my own weapon–Chiller. An Ice lance that my brother and Rimuru crafted for me,always my preferred choice to use.

"Let's see how much you rate me in this now!" 

—------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------