Acquaintances

Pic as Matthew==== ∆
God, I can eat him. Here's another.

"Andrew will you please help me to set up the table since I can't hope any from those two" Aunt asked switching off the heat of one of the pots

They were still going at each other. Not extensively as before but one, two jabs here and there.

I nodded and walked closer to the stove in an attempt to carry the pots but as I raised my hands to hold she slapped them away.

"Andrew they are hot, you'll get burned. Hold with this." she scolded me handing me the potholders. I had the urge to correct her that my super healing and magic protect me from any heat or minor fire damage but for some reason, I didn't.

"Sorry" I apologized and took it from her hand. Picking up the first pot in which a French recipe made by breast chicken and red wine was simmering. I walked in with it to the dining room and set it in the middle of the table. It's her signature. She had told me the story of learning it from a farming family in France. She was on a trip and had settled into a beautiful village in the countryside. Fortunately, the people were celebrating a local festival and she got invited. She participated in the preparations for the festival and there a nonna or grandmother in English I think taught her the recipe, which if you ask her she says is a very important moment.
Apparently, these family recipes are kept secret and rarely told to foreigners since every family there have their own recipes with their own secrets and no one wants to reveal those.

Returning I picked up the second pot in which an Indian curry made with English spinach and cottage cheese was boiling. I am not a very big fan of Indian cuisine as the heat of the spices doesn't settle well with our superheated bodies but at packhouse, in extremely cold weather many people enjoy it as a hearty meal. Keeping it next to the first pot and doing the same with the other two in which a Chinese soup made from fresh and young bamboo shoots and an Italian risotto dish were cooking. That's a wide range of ingredients varying in the whole of Asia and Europe. How much trouble have they gone through for me? I feel kinda bad for making them go through all this. Though I doubt it is all for me, I mean the diversity here is too much maybe it is all their personal favourites.

Aunt set up the plates and bowls and I went into the living room to call Uncle and Grandpa. I wonder if they are going to continue at the dining table.

"Lunch is ready," I called to both of them. Thankfully, they appear to have calmed down and sitting on the couch facing away from one another, hearing me they nodded and stood up following me.

Grandpa took the head chair, I took the one next to his right side, Aunt on Grandpa's left side and Uncle sat next to me.

"It is good that you are here now at least I'll be getting proper food to eat, except salads and boiled meat," Grandpa said while looking at me. And looking at the genuine relief on his face I wondered.
He must have seen the confusion on my face interpreting my curiosity about salad and boiled meat. "That's the secret to my children's immortality you know, They only survive on salads and boiled meat. I mean how young they look not a day above 21."
I looked at Uncle and Aunt with amusement to see them gaping at Grandpa with disbelief.