True Mates: Part II

Please, point out any spelling errors or grammatical mistakes you encounter. Happy Reading ☺

Clark's brows narrowed slightly as he tried to understand the situation. "You mean Kyle and Andrew have this mythical bond and someone has interfered with my son's fate and cause him all this pain."

"More or less but yes. The pain may not be the intent of the interference but part of the process.

Think of it like this. Someone or something changed their fate or bend it and blessed Kyle and Andrew with this bond. Due to this bond, the breaking process you performed on Andrew was left defective."

"But why would Kyle be the only one suffering? If both of them are joined by this bond then both of them should be affected. Kyle was in pain only a couple of minutes later after the process and if Andrew went through the same then he wouldn't have been able to leave as easily as he did." Clark as much as he liked to come across as a strict father and Alpha, the people close to him know that he is always worried about the well-being of his nearest and dearest. And though he has been rough with his son in the beginning, he knows that was necessary.

"Oh, that could be because Andrew was the active participant and Kyle was passive. The bond you broke was strengthened with the true mate bond and when you destroyed the bond it was only from Andrew's side while Kyle's wolf who had no idea held on to it.
Even in normal cases, there is a high chance of the bond being reformed if not broken from both sides and that's probably why Andrew ran away. He must be scared that he will be tied to Kyle again, correct me if I am wrong but he must have also broken the connection with your pack?"

"Yes, yes he did." Clark nodded taking the seat on the sofa. This was getting too much for him. He can't begin to wrap his mind around the fact that so much was going under his nose and he had not the faintest idea.

"Then that is your answer. Since Andrew broke the connection and you destroyed the bond from his side he isn't suffering from the side effects. Though I am sure that he isn't as untouched either. The power of the true mate bond must have been affecting him in some way. No matter how far he runs there is always going to be a connection between these two."

Clark as much as he loves Andrew feels disappointed in him. He can begin to understand the circumstances that must have caused Andrew to do all this and run away and he isn't saying what Kyle did was right either but only if Andrew has trusted him enough to talk about the things happening with him instead of taking extreme measures. There is a whole pack of people that is in harm's way and in one way or another both Kyle and Andrew are responsible for it.

Mary walked closer to Clark sitting beside him. She tried to comfort him knowing the waters Clark is standing in now. He must be feeling like a failure, his oversight has let down their parents, this pack and their hopes joined to him.

"Clark, you cannot change the past. The things that transpired weren't in your control. Many things were happening at the same time and it is not wrong to mess up. Everyone messes up somewhere, sometime but what is important is to get up again and try to fix it all. The pack needs you strong and confident, they need their Alpha at this moment when all of them are in fear of their future."

Clark looked at his sister with red glossy eyes. How many times has he thought about Mary leading the pack instead of him? Hundred? Thousand? Millions? If Mary hadn't decided to leave the pack and join the Domus and if she was a wolf then Clark probably wouldn't have returned. He had a life out there, he had someone to care about and live for. He was a free wolf running around to his heart's content.

But good times don't last long. Mary left, he returned, found his mate and became the new Alpha. It all happened so quickly that Clark didn't even have the time to react.