Family

Do point out any mistakes you see while reading, it'll be a great help.

"Can I ask you something?"
Aunt took a quick peek at me before looking back at the road.

I turned my attention from outside to her "Sure."

Her brows were slightly furrowed as she appeared to be in thought for a moment,
"Don't get me wrong Andrew, Dad, John, and I would love to spoil you rotten to our hearts but we know that's not what you will like and is also not the right course of action."

I nodded slightly not getting where this is going.

"So, I wanted to know about your plans from here on. I mean have you decided on something from here? It could be anything, like continuing your studies, doing a job, or maybe starting something of your own. We don't want you to be shy and hesitant about anything, we are here to help you if you need us."

Ah, I was thinking similarly for the past few days. All that city tour wasn't all for fun only.

"John sort of told me what happened to you at your pack and it unnerves us that even by mistake we don't end up doing or saying something that hurts you in any way. And we also don't want the bad memories from there to hold you back here... so if you ever need help or feel bothered by something please never hesitate to ask any one of us."

It took me a whole minute to get by the words slowly and rearrange these foreign feelings in my heart. I can't remember the last time I felt so overwhelmed with love and warmth. For many her words may not mean much but for me who has always been deprived of such affection, it is a lot to take in.
I can also read between the lines, the words she didn't say but must have appeared in her mind.

Alpha Clark and Luna did care for me but their love was more a moral duty than genuine heartfelt affection and for other pack members it was more a natural urge. I mean I must mean a lot to this human family of mine for them to think of such minute issues and troubles.

Appearance wise I am still a human and we haven't been in touch as much either. Yet, the feelings and how easily we formed the bond is surprising and...
A little unnerving?

I am also racking my brain to come up with a reply to ease her worries and not appear emotionally blunt. Yet my inexperienced and apathetic self is unable to form a proper sentence.

I believe it is a side effect of all those times I have caged in my feelings and expressions. Somehow, I have lost my ability to express them when needed.

Still, something is probably better than nothing.
"I am sorry that I made you all worry for me so much, and also thank you for caring so much. Honestly, my heart is trembling right now to feel so much warmth but I cannot find the right words fitting this moment.

You guys are my one and only family and I promise I am never gonna hesitate to ask for anything or any help and the same goes for you all too. I know at the moment I have nothing and I can't help you with anything but in the coming future, I want to become as much part of this family as possible by doing something for you all.

As for the future, I do want to complete my studies but I also want to start earning. I know you guys would never say no to me for anything but it wouldn't hurt to bear my own weight around."

I couldn't seem to come up with anything heart touching but my every word was true and honest. I just hope I didn't sound redundant.

She smiled before giggling. Was it funny?

"Silly boy, you don't need to do anything for us to become a part of this family. We are not businessmen or doing a trade that you need to do an exchange. Family is about unconditional love, care, and support. Your love and kindness are more than enough to make you one of us.