A Start to Know You.

[Andrew P.O.V]

I woke up with a voice ringing throughout the house.

"Mmm.." Felling a bit irritated by it I groaned into my sheets.

Still, it continued and it's gonna be impossible to go back to sleep with my hearing so I opened my eyes and concentrated better. No, wait a minute it's not a noise, somebody is singing, it's a song.

Throwing the covers off of me I stood up from the bed. Everything appeared blurry. Standing up I walked to the bathroom splashing my face with some cold water and also brushing my teeth.
Doggy breath is literally a nightmare for our kind, we don't know why it happens but it is definitely worse than a human's morning breath.

I shook my head to get rid of the dizziness, the force of habit. After that nightmare, sleep was the last thing on my mind. In that scene, those words kept circulating in my brain until the tears wet my pillow and the constant humming of his sobs lulled me back into oblivion.

With a clear vision now and able to walk properly, I walked out of my room to the living room.

As I neared the source I recognised the person singing followed by the guitar.

Stopping at the door of the living room I folded my hands on my chest and tilted my head and body slightly on the side of the wall.

If every morning is going to be like this then, I wish I could have him as my personal alarm clock.

Matthew was sitting on the couch strumming his guitar. His audience was my family holding coffee cups in their hands.
For some reason, I have a feeling that this is a common occurrence in this house. And I am not complaining either since the lyrics are a good compliment to this morning and my new beginning in this city.

The sunshine of hope,
The hope of sunshine...
There are lesser reasons to cry,
And more excuses to laugh...

It's our obstinacy, we will always smile,
It's a promise to live and stay happy...

The sunshine of hope,
The hope of sunshine...

If you ask the heart,
It always wants to be happy
When you ask with a pure heart,
the paths are open (on their own)

so distribute joy freely,
what's this half-hearted thing...

The sunshine of hope,
the hope of sunshine...
there are lesser reasons to cry,
and more excuses to laugh...

He finished with a small bow to everyone.

That was nice, he should write more.

Three of them cheered him and he gave a heartwarming smile in return. He looked to the side right in my direction as his gaze landed on me. He gave a sweet smile to me and I replied with a nod and a "Good Morning."

Hearing my voice everyone's gaze turned to me.

They all wished me morning. Ah! It feels nice to see the smiling faces of the people you love first thing in the morning. A whole lot upgrade from white-grey walls or a foggy dark forest.

Aunt motioned for me to sit as she got up and went to the kitchen to bring me my cup of coffee.

Matthew moved to the other side giving space to me as I walked further into the room and took the seat beside him.

"You didn't go home yesterday?" I asked softly not to appear rude.

"I did, but I came back early morning. I was craving more of Ella's cooking and needed a better breakfast than cereals back at my place.

Also, I was hoping we could spend more time in each other's company."

I narrowed my eyes slightly indicating to him that I am getting his meaning between the lines. It was a tease, of course.