True Mates: Part III

Please, point out any grammatical or spelling mistakes you may encounter, and I'll be happy to correct them.

Clark and Mary returned to her room since she needed to rest for a long time after that light show to regain her full strength.

A knock on the door attracted the sibling's attention.
Clark opened the door since using magic will only deplete more of Mary's strength.

His mate Emily and beta Rex stood with expectant expressions. They knew the purpose of Mary's visit and after the ritual, they must have deemed it safe to visit.

Clark moved aside allowing both of them to enter. He didn't close the door behind them much to Mary's annoyance but she understood that more of the people would visit her to meet her after a long time.

"Hey! How are feeling Mary?" Emily asked softly taking the seat next to the bed.
"Just a bit tired but I'll be back real soon." Emily is a soft-hearted and soft-spoken person and rarely does she ever gets worked up. In many ways, she is an ideal example of a Luna, aside from being an excellent warrior and stronger than other ranks she also exhibits a very motherly and safe aura.
Rarely has Mary seen Emily get angry or irritated by something except for the time when Clark told her that she slapped Kyle. Must have been a sight.

Emily grabbed Mary's hand in hers and a warm, comforting feeling covered her senses making her go deeper into the bed. That's what she was talking about.
Luna of the pack can sometimes obtain healing powers after gaining the title. Similar to Alpha, Beta, Delta, and Omegas who all are bestowed with different powers when acquiring their title, a Luna is also bestowed with gifts. Healing touch, hypnotic lullabies, and intimidation are a few common ones.

Mary wanted to say thank you but she was too comfortable to halt this good feeling in between. Emily held onto Mary for another ten minutes before leaving her hand.

"We should leave, let her rest." Emily a good up quietly whipping to the other two men still standing.

"You put her to sleep?" Clark asked softly. Emily nodded ushering both men out and closing the door behind her. She linked the pack members to not disturb Mary for a couple of hours or at least till she walks out herself.

"Who were they? Those celestial beings?"

Clark looked at his mate surprised for a moment not getting the reference until it clicked in his mind moments later. He has left the link to Emily open!
Subconsciously, Clark keeps his thoughts closed to everyone else in the pack even though they can contact him but cannot peer into his mind. His mate Emily though is the only exception. And he forgot to close his links to her after everything.

It was obvious Emily knows everything that Clark has seen or heard till now and hiding or denying anything to her would be a foolish attempt.

"I don't know. I've never heard or read about them. Mary did seem a bit familiar with the... Diety? I am not sure but the power they emitted was enough to throw this mortal world into chaos."
Clark was thinking about visiting his father's private collection. Lucius Evans was a man of many talents and along with his looks, he also had the brains to match them. Of course, like all those who breathe he has his own weaknesses too like his stepmother, but she was a nice and strong person and every bit worthy of being his father's wife. And this union was not only the need of that time but also bear fruits that will be reaped by generations to come. The witches of the continent were now allies of wolves and both parties enjoyed a lot of benefits from the other's wisdom.

"Spend some time with Kyle, love. Take care of him till we can." Clark shared his thoughts with Emily making her eyes go wide. He needs to let the mother know about the plans he has for her son.