The Café

Please point out any grammatical or lingual mistakes you come across.

Boy... I couldn't have been more wrong in my life.

As whacky as the outdoors was, the inside of the cafe was like entering Narnia.

The chocolaty brown and rustic wooden theme was beginning to make sense as to why Grandpa named this place Choclateria. At least I hope.

It has more to do with the embellishments than the menu items. And of course, the air was also infused with the aroma of coffee and chocolate.

I wanted to whistle, "Well done old man."

And it also makes sense why Aunt called this place Dreamy. The term was for aesthetics and atmosphere, I guess.

It was surprising how extensively the one-way mirrors on the windows were adding to the place. The filtering light was polarised and just enough to light up the place and not so much as to burn a glare.

Walking to the reception I was met with two cute staff. A boy and girl and man either the new generation of humans have upgraded or these two are anything but that.

The girl was almost ethereal looking. It's hard to describe her features or looks but it's as if looking at a flower in its full bloom.

The guy had similar soft features but they were very boyish. Short buzz cut and large blue eyes with a long face and a nice sharp jawline.

With the girl, my mind went to fairies and something similar to their kind since they boast similar features but with the boy, I had a hard time placing him anywhere.

I don't sense any magic or aura from any one of them and even their scents are very typical. I am confident that the girl is hiding it all but the boy is either very good or I am tripping.

They caught my attention and I decided to stand in the middle. There weren't any other customers anyway.

Grandpa isn't here yet since I can't sense him, I guess I'll have to wait.

I glanced at the menu placard on the counter, genuinely confused with the items. Since I don't drink coffee or chocolate I don't have any clue about any one of them.

"Hi, It's my first time here. Can you recommend something?" I started with the girl. She would be easy.

"Hello, welcome sir. Do you have any preferences or stuff you don't like?"

Aha! I was right, the girl ain't human. She may hide her magic but her natural talents are leaking in her voice. She must be a nature fairy or a dryad. No wonder her appearance gives such homely vibes.

"I don't know much about coffee or chocolate but I prefer a milder taste. No sugar, milk, or creamer.."

I don't want to appear hyper later on my first visit to my possible future colleagues.

She appeared to be in thought for a moment. I am sure not many people would come to a coffee shop and ask for a coffee-free drink.

"For coffee, we can offer iced black coffee without sugar. It has lemony and mint flavours that reduce the overall coffee taste.
And there are other drink varieties without coffee you can see on our menu.

For Chocolate, unfortunately, we don't have anything for your preference."

I skimmed through the menu again. I guess it's either water or what she offered.

"Fine, I'll take that."

She nodded and began to work on my order. I stood there looking around when my eyes met the cute guy. There was something about him that I couldn't put my finger on. Though he could be trying to pass as a human but man he was radiating. For any human, he could easily pass as someone blessed with good genes but I know the difference between good genes and good camouflage.