Coffee and Gossips

Please point out any grammatical or linguistic mistakes you come across.

After that creepy vampire left I sat down with all my senses in hyperdrive. I changed my seat so that I can keep an eye out for everyone. And it seems like I also need to study and broaden my pool of knowledge.

At the pack house, there wasn't much diversity among different kinds and life was far more peaceful and monotonous. In many ways, creatures like Vampires only existed in books and lore. Most of us who never went to the outside world would never encounter one. 

Even among the residents of the forest, the most exciting being you can meet is either a dryad or a forest centaur.  the fairies were a more common sight and fauns were our neighbors. Summer parties with them are always a blast. Satyrs though, a rare sight since they fear werewolves do come out of their hiding colonies sometimes. 

However, here in the city things are a whole lot different. Human cities and realms have always been a neutral zone for many kinds and big places like California are a melting pot. 

Or in one way you can say that the huge modern cities around the world become so important and huge due to the presence of many different species living together. 

I need to visit the library Matthew and I visited that day. I am sure there will be some genuine books there on supernatural cross-cultures. While to the unknown humans, they may turn out to be just fantasy writing or a book written in a foreign language but for those who can read and write the language, it is a blessing.

I stared at my drink with a pout. It is still ice and I can't drink it anymore. My magic to melt it wouldn't work since I don't know the spell he used and our magic which comes from two different sources may even interact with each other and cause a scene.

I wonder how long it will take for grandpa to return. Should I call him? 

Wait- He is here. I looked at the cafe doors waiting for him to enter. His familiar scent and the sound of steps drew closer. He entered moments later and I had to flail my hands to catch his attention.

He smiled seeing me moving like an idiot before walking towards me. I saw Fiona and Sam looking curiously at the both of us. Honestly, I wouldn't want to introduce myself as the owner's grandson since it seems a little inappropriate. And I am sure somewhere it would hinder my ability to mix in with the other staff members.

"I am sorry to make you wait for so long. The supplier called and asked to meet urgently so I had to leave," he explained while taking the same seat that was occupied by the vampire.

"Any trouble?" I asked hoping I wouldn't bring bad news with me on my first visit.

"No, not really. It's just the global supply chain is facing some troubles and the beans we use are imported from southeast Asian and east African countries. With troubles and late in the supply chain the prices go up eventually and the ever-growing demand forces coffee dealers to raise their own prices."

"In the end, it affects the business since you guys have to buy the beans at higher prices." I completed the last part. He nodded.

"We up the prices by a certain percent every year to keep in check with the growing inflation but their sudden hike in coffee beans prices would mean I have to increase the prices more than we normally do. Or I'll have to put extra money from outside."

"Outside?" I asked.

"Yes, normally all the expenses of the cafe are covered by the profits we earn. Apart from the few years in the beginning I never had to put money from my pockets except a couple of  times when there was damage that needed a larger budget."