5. Off to New Shores

Smut warning!

*******

Hongjoong's hands smoothed over the words by Seonghwa's side, the bird of freedom taking flight on his shoulder. He nuzzled into the man's neck, covering him with kisses that bloomed like flowers across the tan of his skin.

Though sadness consumed Seonghwa and he didn't dare seek comfort in Hongjoong's embrace while grief held him in an iron fist, their bodies knew each other and their needs. Seonghwa's thighs parted for Hongjoong to sink in between readily. The world was right when their bodies slotted together, a perfect match. Plush lips dropped open in a pleased sigh when Hongjoong grasped him by his waist, pinning his body in place to grind their crotches into each other. The heat stirring in their stomachs made them forget.

Hongjoong's hair fell over his shoulder to tickle at Seonghwa's chest, marred by countless small scars from past battles.

"Sugar... Sin' me a son' o' what ye need. To 'ave all thought scuttled from yer brain? Or to ravage until none be left? I will give ye anythin'."

Hongjoong usually chose the former when overwhelmed by emotions. It helped him to stop thinking, and Seonghwa only put force in those gentle hands when he was asked to. To Hongjoong, it was the highest form of trust, his ultimate weakness. No one but Seonghwa got to handle him in that state.

But Seonghwa never lost someone so important to him before. Not with Hongjoong as a witness, at least. Even as Tikki's giggles sounded from the deck outside, no smile quirked his lips.

Hongjoong saw all light gone from his eyes once. There was nothing he wouldn't do to rekindle it.

"Ye. I just need ye," Seonghwa pleaded. His arms came up to wrap around Hongjoong's nape, tugging him down toward him.

After stifling a cough that bubbled up in his throat, Hongjoong got out a fond smile. He kissed his beautiful husband as his fingers dipped below the waistband of his breeches. He skimmed taut, trained skin, the softness of the hair Seonghwa insisted on trimming precariously with a knife every so often. Need for Hongjoong bucked Seonghwa's hips on instinct when Hongjoong found his warm, stiffened flesh and wrapped his hand around it.

As so often when they came to this point, Seonghwa stifled a snicker. The feeling of Hongjoong's small hands on him never failed to amuse him.

In fond retaliation, Hongjoong tugged at the skin of Seonghwa's neck with his teeth. A moan tilted Seonghwa's chin back to allow the pirate access. In mindless bliss, his head dropped into the pillows.

"What be there to smirk about, precious? Ye feelin' cold?" Hongjoong growled against his throat. A breathy chuckle answered him when the pleasure of his tugs below knitted Seonghwa's brows together. His lax, pleased expression charmed Hongjoong time and time again.

"Hngh- I can nay 'elp but find ye e'er so endearin'," Seonghwa panted, but a grin played around his lips. His smug words stuttered when Hongjoong ducked his lips to his chest, finding a greedy nub with his teeth to tug on it.

Seonghwa arched into the touch, chest expanding. His dark hair spread over their furs like spilt ink and he leaked wetness over Hongjoong's fingers. Ever so hungry for his husband, Hongjoong ground into his thigh, chasing the tingling heat. His desire wasn't explosive, wasn't greedy and possessive and on the high of a near-death experience where they so often encountered each other. Though he ached to have Seonghwa, his body was as patient as his mind. Only what Seonghwa wanted he would get.

"Endearin'? Ye must mistake me fer someone else. An' I would 'ate to learn ye be thinkin' o' anyone but me when I 'ave ye pinned," Hongjoong indulged Seonghwa's babbles. He shoved the man's breeches down so Seonghwa could kick them off. As soon as he had access, Hongjoong's hands slipped over the heated curve of Seonghwa's behind to find the entrance he worshipped with the same fervour as on the first day.