Suitor dark past

It was another day in Mayfair, the sun was beaming out the clear skies not that Anthony cared for the good weather when his wife was in a worse mood ever since Anderson comment... he definitely needed to speak with her but Kate was dead set on inorging him she would leave early in the morning to have lunch with Peneople maybe if things didn't easy up he would have to ask Peneople to seek out his wife. The sudden sound of heels on the floor made Anthony drop his papers "Kate?" He asked out loud as he got to his door to find her standing still her lips in a straight line not smiling but he knew she couldn't frown at him meaning she wasn't as mad with him maybe now was the time "we need to speak"
"I'll be late for tea with your mother" Kate replied putting on her gloves as Anthony signed in frustration "I simply do not care I want to speak with you now " Anthony declared walking in front of her if wasclear they still had that show down of power but she decided to agree to his statement since marrying him Kate learnt Anthony wasn't the type of man who forgets nor would he be turned down for his desires with that Kate turned and walked into their bedroom with her husband locking the door behind him.

"Right okay what could you possibly say right now?" Kate questioned standing firm she would not back down because behind her harden stature she was hurt how could he not of told his college friends that he married everyone in her family knew some had well...

"First you must know that I did inform my friends of my marriage thry attended the wedding " Anthony started Kate did recall seeing the odd men on his side "oh please there was hardly enough men there to claim to have been with you during uni "
"That's because those with wives sat on your side!!" Anthony voice rang higher he hated how she was questioning even their wedding... "I knew you didn't have all your family there I know some left after your sister so I had invited some of my friends to sit on your side so you wouldn't notice the empty seats.."

Kate felt her anger wash away completely he split his guest for her to feel welcomed... "I knew my family left they didn't stay because they didn't respect what I did.." Kate said as she sat on her chair "you didn't do anything wrong" Anthony said standing still would he get the truth
"I married you.." Kate muttered her words stinged his heart did she regret it ?? "I took my sisters husband from her.. I ruined her chances for a life here to be married and have children to be safe some of my family won't respond to me " Kate announced her hidden serect and it ripped his heart open she chose him over her family... she felt alone it was his fault "I'm so sorry" Anthony said kneeling in front of his wife "I didn't think about your sister nor your family I thought only what I wanted and now you've lost your family" Anthony continued as he kissed her knuckles, Kate smiled sadly at him "it was not your fault" she whispered stroking his hair with her left hand " I wanted you too.." Anthony looked up at her "I would chose you again Anthony always my love" Kate announced before taking his hand to place a kiss among his hand.

"I got scared when Anderson mentioned how he never knew-
"I can explain why?" Suddenly Anthony stood up walking to collect a foot chair which as he brought back to face her only to find the foot chair hadn't done much for his height which in return made Kate laugh.

"I did know Anderson in uni but he wasn't the sort of person I want around you or my sisters, he got his kicks from playing people for money we never said anything until Mary..." Anthony stop his words wondering how he could vest explainable felt a pinch of jealously did the two fight over her? Was she Anthony first love?

"Go on.." Kate encouraged him as she held his hands "I don't know exactly what happened but one night Jack who was indeed very good but very naive came into our dorm... he had thus hostile glare.. his face contorted with rage we tried to speak to him but Anderson walked in and Jack's clenched his jaw and fist, intense eye contact, furrowed brows, and reddened skin he displayed i knew Anderson had done something bad the following week Anderson left and Mary well she disappeared Jack wouldn't say anything" Anthony stopped as he rubbed his face with his hands he didn't want to think about it "I only kept you a serect to protect you I ... he took any women we went it it was a game no one said anything but Jack he adored Mary know i understand why..

"To take away a man's women but to leave a shell it was worse than what he had done before.. Jack finally came to me, he told me how he had to pay off Anderson and know he was broke so he stayed with me and I found him a job working for my father he's been protecting nary since "

Kate felt her heart stop how could a man do such horrible things she could imagine why nary hidden away... she met Jack and Mary once now it made sense Anthony didn't want history repeating itself a sudden thought came to mind "Anthony what about Peneople whar if Anderson hurts her -
"I've got it sorted.. " Anthony declared "and I'll speak with Colin as well.. speaking of Colin what's going on with you and Benedict I saw the exchanges spill"

Kate smirked before spilling the game...

Later that day.

"I thought you were fencing with Benedict today" Anthony questioned he knew something was up and bow knowing how kate was involved he was more than capable of annoying his brother of course all of which went unoticed by Colin, "no that's tomorrow Anthony today I'm going to pay Peneoplea visit." colin replied as he noticed Elosie strange look like she wanted to ask something ... but didn't Colin swore he would figure out what happened between Elosie and Peneople the pair never fought this long.

"why would you be paying a visit to miss.Featherington" anthony questioned with an arched brow.
"Oh colin you haven't said anything worse have you" Violet questioned looking at him with a worried expression, sometimes spoke a little to much when he drank in ways she realised he was trying to fit in back at home after been away. Peneople was so good to all her children especially Elosie and Colin... Peneople was specially kind, sweet and if Violet was honest she already saw Peneopleas a daughter that like Portia would be companion!!

she had to be in order to handle these two "No mother I have not, I need to find a way to apologise for my actions" Colin replied looking at his mother "you havent apologised yet!!' Anthony questioned his voice rised in alarm he could see Lady Whistledown colum now.

Colin Bridgerton simply disregards miss.Featherington as unworthy but it appears Mrs.Bridgerton is stepping into his older brother foot steps..

"Relax Anthony Colin wont stop until hes no longer in the Peneople dog house, of course you would want Colin to do the gentleman thing" Benedict announced Colin knew that would get his mother attention so imgorong his brothers Colin kisses his mother's cheek before declaring his goodbyes.

"You need to relax Anthony its not like Colin and Peneople will repeat your journey to marriage" Benedict mention "Benedict!!!" Violet warned sometimes of it wasn't one son it would be the other...
"Very well Benedict I'll meet you in the garden" Anthony stated as he stormed out "and ready your fencing gear" Anthony shouted back

Fencing was a fine sport one the Bridgretons truly enjoyed the Bridgreton boys were able to take out their anger without hearing from their mother "tell me what you and my wife have planned " Anthony questioned trying to poke Benedict "oh kates in talks off running away with me to live on the greek islands" Benedict words were met with the sword hitting his back "ouch thats not fencing" Benedict said moving his shoulders "your joke isn't funny either in fact I think the idea of settling in a Greek islams would suit Colin more" Anthony said

"Yes with a different women of course" Benedict replied smirking "Ah so that's it your both doing setting Colin's sights on Peneople " Anthony said shaking his sword in the air "you know our brother already set on Peneople his just be dumb to to see like you were remember?" Benedict said before dodging an attack "that's different Benedict besides kates my wife now"

"Yes I am" Kate voice made both men stop "and wouldn't you want to see Colin as happy as you are" she continued "Peneople won't even speak to Colin" Anthony responded looking at the two "that where you come in I've been helping Peneople's confidence, Benedict been egging Colin on, it's your turn to do what big brothers do best offer adivce" kate announced before wiping Anthony leg with a sword "right I'm out" Benedict shouted making a quick exit as the newly weds deemed the sport for something else...

"Ok fine I'm in who shall I speak to first" Anthony questioned.