3: Day 1

Harry hated long trips

Harry hated long trips. The stress that came with them, the jet lag and the general discomfort of it all. First Class was the best way to fly but it still made his skin crawl.

The South of Spain held a different vibe from New York. Seville was beautiful especially at night. It was the only reason the discomfort from the trip watered down.

The streets were less crammed than the ones in New York. The architecture was frozen in time yet captivating and somehow fit into modern times. There were much more trees and much more color. The city bustled and if his brother gave him breathing space, he'd explore it. Every street if possible.

Daphne watched the city as well. He couldn't see her eyes but he knew she was falling in love with it too, getting her to take the trip wasn't easy.

He gave her The Rhode contract which guaranteed that she would tag along but telling her the reason why she was acting as his girlfriend was rather embarrassing to share.

The city lights faded and gave way to more trees, he kept his eyes forward until the beauty that was The Dandelion came into view. It stayed true to the Moorish architecture but it was also so similar to the buildings that you'd see in New York. It definitely wasn't as bland as them.

Harry had been to the Los Angeles Dandelion for dinner and the food was divine. He now wandered if it was going to be his brother or the stunning piece of architecture sitting before him that was going to keep him from exploring Seville.

The car came to a halt and their luggage was taken out of the trunk. They followed closely behind, not even hand in hand. She hated being there with him. He knew that much.

He kept his eyes on her, as they followed the staff to the front desk where they were asked to seat in the lobby and wait for the rest of their party. A wait that was guaranteed to last for hours.

The interior of the hotel was just as stunning as its exterior. It was both contemporary and retro. The space somehow made yellow work and Harry could have sworn that he appreciated an orange vase with actual palms in it.

They were offered an array of refreshments from wine to orange juice, cake to actually having dinner before the bride-to-be and Harry's brother got there.

'You like it?' His question was pathetic, he knew it was.

'The Florence one is prettier,' she admitted. Her brown eyes shifted to his. 'My grandmother designed it and took a handful of inspiration from Cuba. It's so good that you'd think you are in Cuba till you see the Italian courses at The Donatello.'

Realization sank in and Harry felt a lot more stupid than he did when he called an eagle, a very large hawk, on camera. He never really recovered from that.

Rapid Spanish filled the air before he could come back from his dreadful mistake. Two well-dressed women approached them with the staff who sat at the front desk when they moved to check in. Or at least attempt to do it.

'I am so sorry, Miss Asencio,' The blonde one pleaded in an obvious Spanish accent. 'He is new.'

'It's fine but I guess we do need to wait for the bride and groom,' Daphne said.

'That won't be ideal. Your room is ready. We have all your self care staples and curtains dark enough to keep out the light if you need to sleep in.'

She looked at him as if apologizing for the hassle but Harry hadn't still gotten over the fact that he mistook her for an employee rather than an heiress.

A fucking Billionaire's daughter.

They got The Rose suite. A simple, elegant layout with touches of pink in a few places. After much fuss about Daphne's comfort, the women who were also staff left them.

Daphne's suitcase had been unpacked and so had his. They even laid his Calvin Kleins in a perfect stack.

The mere thought of someone else touching his underwear bothered him a lot.

'It's just one bed,' Daphne informed him, pulling him out of his train of thoughts.

'I can take the couch,' he offered.

'We can sleep in the same bed,' she said. '...as long as you don't snore.'

'I don't snore.'

'You better. I'm going to scrub the journey off my skin.'

'Can I join you?'

'Sure.'

He gave her a weird look.

She returned it.

'Is this you taking me up on my offer?'

'I already have The Rhode contract.'

'You know what I'm talking about.'

'Your confidence is admirable,' she walked pass him toward the bathroom.

He followed like a lost puppy who just imprinted on the nearest adult creature.

The room was mostly pink with a shower and a bath. Sliver accents tied it together.

Harry was still taking in the room when something wet touched his face.

'These are the best cotton pads in market. You are in safe hands.'

'Thank goodness,' he said as the cotton pad was tossed in the bin.

Daphne put a few products on his face that he didn't take note of before he watched her do her face.

There was silence then she faced him again.

'Have you ever showered with a girlfriend?' Daphne inquired.

'I can make an exception for you.'

'I'm not offering.'

'I am.'

She narrowed her eyes.

'No I haven't.'

She scanned his body stopping at the bulge in his pants. She stared at it for what felt like a minute before telling him to shower first and leaving in a heartbeat.