7: Here We Go Again!

Daphne

Daphne

ABBA blared through the speakers and it was phenomenal. I love old music. Not Beethoven but ABBA old. Talia and Darrel danced like crazy people while Harry and I watched like even crazier people.

Their wedding planner had been generous with the ABBA/ Mamma Mia themed party that looked awfully close to what Sophie got in the movie. The downside was that we were in Spain and not Greece.

Harry had kept his eyes forward the entire time and barely talked to anyone. That was understandable since I had been a brat after the Brandon incident and acted nice when he showed me the coffee.

I only tapped my feet to the songs until Dancing Queen. It is impossible to not dance to Dancing Queen.

'Hey,' I screamed over the music.

He looked at me.

'Do you want to dance?'

He looked at the dance floor again and swallowed.

'You don't dance?'

'I can't dance but I can try.'

I got off my seat a little too quickly and made sure we found a spot that wasn't too uncomfortable for him.

It wasn't as fun because he watched me half the time. Only twirling me when I asked.

We couldn't stay out as late as we wanted but I had enough fun to last me for a while. He held my hand on the way to the hotel, making small talk with his brother.

My idea of laying out our clothes for the next day was a good idea because exhaustion had me to my bones.

My transition to sleep clothes was complete at one am. Harry had been a lot faster in the shower than I was which was why he went first, so I wouldn't feel guilty about wasting time in there.

I got into bed, leaving space between us like I always did. He had done the same thing when I'd gone to bed first.

'Daphne?' His whisper was unsure.

'Hey,' I responded.

'Can I hold you?'

I looked at him and he flinched.

'Sorry I asked,' he got off the bed in a haste, taking a pillow with him. I followed concerned that I had upset him by not answering.

'You didn't let me answer,' I said and he stopped walking but he didn't turn. 'Where are you going anyway?'

'The couch.'

'Harry.'

He faced me.

'What's this about?'

'Nothing.'

'You stormed out of the bed.'

'Sorry,' he muttered.