8: Lay all your Love

Daphne

Daphne

Someone had hit me with a mallet. It was the only reasonable explanation for why my head felt like it would fall off. I hated the feeling, it was the reason I barely drank.

'Fucking Wine,' I cursed, sitting up. I tried to coordinate my thoughts by massaging my temples as gently as I possibly could.

I glanced at Harry's side of the bed to find him there, still and quiet. His breathing was not labored which confirmed the fact that he was asleep.

I got out of bed and walked straight to the bathroom. I popped some pain killers, filled the bath and got in.

It was quiet after that, so I soaked it in.

The silence barely lasted. There was a knocked which forced my eyes open.

There was another knock followed by Harry's voice.

'Baby, can I come in?'

I looked at myself. Most of my body was buried under the bubbles. 'Sure.'

He did, getting to me a lot faster than I could fathom. He got down to my eye level before he spoke.

'Can I get in?'

'The tub?'

He swallowed before nodding, like his voice no longer worked. I weighed the pros and cons of him being in the same tub with me.

'Sex wasn't in the agreement.'

'Baby, we are way past the agreement.'

'Yeah?'

'Let me ease your nerves. It's the least I can do for putting you through this.'

'You're a sweetheart but I'm not stressed.'

He huffed leaned on the tub, popping overly large bubbles. The pros of how good the sex will be led to my next words.

'Are you going to let me shower in peace or are you going to get in?' I said with a quiver in my voice.

I didn't like to think about my celibacy streak or how bad Dean's taunting had gotten to me. But I knew the self loathing had been enough, I hated myself for too long over a petty man baby I refused to get married to.

Harry undressed right there, causing my mouth to go shamelessly dry. I moved forward as he got in and pulled me to himself once he was settled.

'Stay with me when we get back home,' he whispered, leaving his lips sinfully close to my neck.

'Thanks for the offer but I'll have to consult Az,' I schooled my features to be neutral even though I wanted to grin like an idiot.

'Your dog?'

'Mind your next words, Harold.'

He leaned closer, his lips grazed my ear. 'I am capable of loving you, just let me.'

'You want sex.'

'I want you.'

'You don't know that.'

'I fucking do,' he moved away.

'You're not over, Diane.'

He stayed quiet which confirmed my suspicions. I was Ezra Asencio's daughter to him, the jackpot. His parents must've thought I was a good catch.

My father was a political connection.

'I proposed to Diane in front of our friends who helped me plan the whole thing. She laughed and classified our relationship as a casual fling. I'm over her but that kind of humiliation does not just go away.'

I wasn't buying it and I didn't intend to.

'Sorry,'he mumbled, 'I'll fuck you if you want and be on my way.'

He then asked me to give him space to get out which I didn't.

'You never said anything,' I started. 'Before you found out who I was.'

His voice cracked. 'I didn't want to scare you away.'

'Scare me?'

'If I had walked up to you and asked for a date before my little salt here and little curry there, you would have been disgusted and you would have left.'

'Did Diane say that to you?'

'Say what?'

'That you were disgusting.'

His voice dropped an octave. 'That I was odd but she never said disgusting.'

'You're not odd,' I stated. 'I just fucking need to know what you see in me.'

His hand moved to my thigh. 'You've been nice to me since I moved in. You still are. You got me a fucking Christmas present even though we had never had a long conversation and put me on a meal plan when you realized that I never had everything.'

'So, it's not because of who my dad is?'

He made me look at him. 'Your dad's net worth didn't make me fall in love with you. I love you because I want to. You're amazing and...'

'You love me?'

His eyes went wide like he had not wanted to mention it.

'You don't have to repeat it. Just confirm it,' I whispered.

'I love you,' he held his breath after that.

Dean never said that, at least when he wasn't inside me or trying to be. I had compared Harry to Dean the entire trip that I didn't realize how good he was.

It wasn't the most comfortable position but I sacrificed my comfort to have his lips on mine.