Chapter Two - Struggles

Mui pov

"So, your brother yuichiro got me to tutor you? Correct?" He asks, I nod and mumble a quiet 'mhm'

" what is it you need help with?" He asks me, slightly moving my books out if my hands, trying to see them. "I- uh.. maths- I really need help-" I tell him, he nods. "I see, maths is where alot of people struggle. So don't worry, your not alone" He tells me, slightly smiling. "Oh- crap, my names genya by the way-" he spits out

I nod, "yeah, I know that. Your brothers sanemi..?" I ask, he makes a slightly weird face, "yeah- but he just doesn't really like me overly-" he replies, "I'm muichiro, but call me mui. It's easier-" I tell him, "ohh, alrighty then. Should we do some maths?"

...................................................................................

"Uh.. I don't understand- I'm really sorry.." I apologize, "no no don't worry! It's algood, we just need more time" He says

I'd been sitting there, astounded for the past ten minutes. My memory is shit.. he'll ask me if I can remember what he just said, or if he's going to fast and I'll just be stunned- I feel so bad..

"Aurgh... I'll never do this-" I say, scrunching up my hair in anger. He pats my back and looks at me in the eyes with a slight smile. "You will, this is just my first time with you. You just need to be able to get it in your brain." He tells me, "that's the problem. My memory is shit and I'll forget anything and everything a few seconds later-" I say,  trying to hold back any and every emotion, but failing.

"Ohh, is that the problem?" He asks, I nod. Upset, "don't worry alright? Now I know that, I can help better" He says, I nod. "Just calm down, we can have five minutes. Do you want music?" He asks, "Uh.. I don't mind.." I say, he nods before turning on his phone, searching something and then putting it back down.

I stared for a second, slightly confused before a song played.. it seemed familiar- I think yui likes this song-

"If it distracts you I can turn it off, and if you want the name of a song I can write it down on a note for you, cool?" He asks  I nod.

"Alrighty, so have you tried repeating it before? over and over? Or used different techniques?" He asks, spinning his pen and then flicking it onto the table, "I have.. I've tried repeating it probably a million times now.. and my brother keeps giving me these really hard ones, and I just can't remember.." I tell him. "Hmm.. I don't know much about how to help with bad memory, if you don't mind me saying that- but I'll do some research tonight on how I can help. How about that?" He asks, I nod. "Thank you.." I say, "no worries!" He replies quickly after.

"Well, I don't want to stop your from getting home, and I have to make dinner for all my siblings- I hope you don't mind" He tells me, I nod "it's okay, I should probably get home and shower and all that aha.." I reply. "Thank you for trying.." I tell him quietly, "don't worry, I just wanna get you to be better. Try practice with yuichiro if you can-" he tells me, putting a jacket on. "Byee-" I say, waving to him. "Bye bye!" He says cheerfully, walking out the door.

I sat in there for a good ten minutes..

"What If our parents find out.. What if they hurt me.. I'm getting a D on every fucking test.." I say to myself, twirling my hair around my fingers anxiously.

"Well.. I can't hide from my problems.. I have to head home.." I tell myself, worried. "Its all okay, yuis home.. if anything happens, he's the best brother ever.. he'll help you.."

I got home, quickly taking off my shoes. "You're home late." I hear, I mentally sigh.

I looked beside me to see my step mother, looking at me mad. "I was getting help with something.. I promise-" I tell her. "Sure. Sure you were." She replies, even more pissed.

I just look at her, "were you at Misakis? Just tell me." She said, stubbornly. "I wasn't with Misaki.." I tell her. "Why not? He's your boyfriend after all."

I just stood still, taking a deep breath and looking down.

"He's just not being the nicest to me right now.." I tell her. "Good. You deserve it" she tells me, my head shot up and looked at her with sad eyes before nodding. "Frankly, its probably because of your appearance. You look so much like a girl, and your skinny, like really skinny. You probably have an eating disorder to be honest."

My heart just sank..

"Ah.." I let out. It was the only thing I could let out- "honestly. I mean look at this-" she said, grabbing me by the hair close to my head. "You look like a girl, muichiro." She tells me. I nod, "but- it's the only thing I have left of my old mum.. she loved braidi-" "Your mother is dead. D E A D!" She spells out. My heart sank and I felt like crying. "I'm your mother now. Not that ugly blue and teal haired woman." She told me, I just couldn't move.. I was so upset.

She just looked at me up and down with a distgusted face before telling me to go to my room. Which I did out of fear.

...

Word count : 941

Chapter by : MistHashiraMui