Chapter Five - Bad Day

Muichiro's pov

I woke up around 11am. It was Saturday so I had no school which I was happy about.. but I still had tutoring in like two hours. I rubbed my eyes which were all red and puffy from crying.

I grabbed my hair and looked at it, thinking of my mother once again. It hurted so much thinking about her.. it hurted so much to think about what my step mother did to me years ago..

I sighed and let go of my hair, standing up and going to the bathroom. I knew this day was going to be a pain, I just woke up and I am already not doing well.

I grabbed my toothbrush and started to brush my teeth while just looking at myself in the mirror. My hair was a total mess, I had small dark bags under my puffy eyes.. I looked terrible.

I spit out the toothpaste and washed my mouth with some water before grabbing a brush. I looked at it, not being in the mood to spend another 30 minutes trying to untangle it but I decided to at least try anyway.

Just two minutes later I was starting to lose it, I was getting mad. I took a deep breath, trying to calm down. I kept on brushing slowly through the part that seemed untangled but then the brush got stuck on another tangle which made me lose it.

I groaned and slammed the brush on the floor, burying my face into my palms. The door to the bathroom opened once again. I was scared to see who it was.

If it was my father or a step mother.. I am dead.. but luckily it was Yui.

"You okay? I heard a-" he said before noticing the brush on the floor. "Sorry, I am just not in a good mood" I said quietly and grabbed the brush, about to put it back in the cabinet, not wanting to be bothered by this again.

"Hold on, I'll brush it for you if you want, you have tutoring in like two hours and I don't want you to go out with a bird nest on your head" he said and grabbed the brush, leading me into his room.

I sat down on a floor and he sat down on a bed behind me, starting to brush my hair "does it always get this tangled?" He asked.

I shrugged "no.. well.. sometimes" I replied quietly, looking down at the floor. He sighed and stopped brushing my hair "tell me what's wrong, now" he said, hitting my head with the brush after every word.

"O-Ow, Yui what the fuck" I said and looked behind him, holding my head with both of my hands.

"LANGUAGE!" he yelled out playfully. I rolled my eyes. "Now tell me what's wrong" he asked and I just looked away, not wanting to tell him that I am in a bad mood for no reason.

He laid down the brush and started ticking me. I tried to hold my laugh but I couldn't, I just burst out laughing "Y-Yui! S-stop!" I yelled out, laughing.

"I'll stop when you tell me what's wrong~ I am not gonna leave you until you tell me" he said and laughed as well.

I finally got to the library, being a bit late. I looked around for Genya who I soon found sitting at one of the tables. He noticed me and waved at me and I did too.

"Hi Muichiro" he said with a smile.

"Hi" I said simply, forcing a small smile as well. I sat down next to him, taking  out my chemistry book and textbook. "Chemistry, huh?" Genya said and looked through my notebook where I was supposed to write down things I need to help with.

"Okay…" he looked through my notes more "NMR spectroscopy.. Well, I don't know if I can help with that, I don't understand that either" he laughed.

"But we have chemistry classes tomorrow I think so I'll ask about it and then explain it to you later"

"Mhm, sounds good" I replied.

"No no, FE is iron and Ti is titanium, you don't remember these?" Genya asked and I just shook my head.

"I don't remember anything, how am I supposed to remember one hundred and eighteen elements!? It's basically impossible! I am gonna fail! I-I can't do this!" I said, trying to be quiet because we are in the library.

I grabbed my hair tightly, knowing that I am not able to learn this, not even in a million years.

Genya laid down the textbook and moved closer to me, rubbing my back "hey it's fine, calm down, I am sure you'll be able to remember.. people struggle with remembering this a lot so don't worry, you're not alone"

"It's fine, keep calm, we have enough time to learn this, the test is next week so I am sure you'll be able to learn this, okay?" Genya said with a comforting voice. I let go of my hair and laid my palms on my lap, nodding slightly, calming down a bit.

He then moved his hand towards my head, running his fingers through my hair. I immediately pushed his hand away. He looked at me with a face full of confusion and shock.

"I-I am sorry.. I just don't like when people touch my hair" I said quietly, my cheeks turning red from embarrassment.

"No no, it's okay, I understand, no need to apologize" Genya replied.

There was a minute of awkward silence before Genya spoke up again "let's try it one more time, I'll help you remember those elements, alright?"

I gave him a slight nod, still being embarrassed from my outburst.

"Alright, when do you want to meet up again?" Genya asked and I thought for a bit "well I don't want to bother you on Sunday.. so Monday? Is that okay?" I asked.

"Well I have time tomorrow, we can study for a bit and then hangout?"

"Hangout?.. o-oh sure!" I said with a smile. "Great, I'll text you tomorrow, bye now"

"Byee!" I said, watching him leave. I smiled and headed home while looking at the ground. Suddenly when I turned around the corner I bumped into someone.

"I-I am so sorry I didn't m-" when I looked up I saw my boyfriend, Misaki.

"Who was that?" He asked immediately.

"Hm?"

"The guy you were with"

"Oh that's Genya, my tutor" I smiled. He let out a small "tsk" and moved closer to me "are you sure he's just a tutor?"

"Y-Yeah, of course" I replied quietly.

He grabbed my hair and tugged it, being me let out a quiet yelp "it better be" he said with an annoyed tone.

He then walked away. I grabbed my hair into my hands, looking down at the ground, sighing

"why is he always like this… why is he so mean.."

...

Word count : 1173

Chapter by : Muichiro0san