Chapter Three - Phone Number

Muichiro's pov

I got to my room and slammed the door behind me, dropping on the floor next to the door. I hugged my knees and started to sob quietly, not wanting anyone to hear me.

I hated my step mother.. I hated her so much.. I wanted my real mom back..

I just continued to sit there, just staring at the floor, small tears still sliding down my cheeks onto the wooden floor.

I suddenly heard a knock on the door. I immediately wiped my tears away and forced a small smile before opening the door to see Yuichiro standing there.

"So how was it?" He asked, most likely talking about tutoring. "It was okay, Genya is really nice but I was still really worried about being a bother or something because of my memory.." I said quietly, letting Yuichiro in my room.

Yuichiro sat down on my bed and replied "well I am glad he's nice to you, what did he help you with?" He asked.

"Math, we have a test in like.. ehm.. three days was it? So I wanted him to help me with that first so I can get a good grade" I said and sat down on a chair.

"The test is in two days, it would be good if you meet up with him again tomorrow so you are positive you'll get a good grade" Yuichiro said and I slightly nodded.

Next day

I was waiting in the library for Genya to come. I was waiting for 20 minutes already and he wasn't coming so I decided to try to study on my own.

Couple more minutes passed and I saw someone sit down next to me. It was Genya. "Sorry for coming late, I had some issues at home"

"Oh.. it's okay, don't apologize" I replied with a slight smile. He nodded and looked at my textbook "I see you have already started, may I take a look?"

I nodded and moved my textbook closer to him. He looked at it and grabbed a red pen, marking the wrong parts, when he finished the paper was half red.

"Well you are making progress, you are making the same mistake in every example" He slipped a page and showed me the examples we did yesterday "as you can see minus and minus gives plus but minus and plus gives minus, you keep forgetting that"

I slightly nodded "I'll write down another example and you'll try to solve it, okay? If you get it wrong we'll try something else" Genya said and I nodded once again.

He wrote me another example and moved the textbook closer to me once again. I took a deep breath and tried to solve it again, repeating the words Genya said in my mind.

I sighed and said "I am done" before moving the text book closer to him again. He looked at it and smiled "it's correct, good job" he smiled.

"Huh?! R-Really?!" I said, being surprised. He gave me a small nod and I clapped my hands in excitement, being slightly proud of myself.

"Good job, let's try another thing, okay?"

"Mhm.. I need help with history too"

"Alright, let's do that"

Next day

I sat in the classroom, looking at my notes again before the test. Suddenly something landed on my desk. It was a paper plane.

I grabbed it and opened it to see a small note from Genya.

"Good luck on the test!"

I looked to the other side of the classroom. Genya sat there with a slight smile, looking at me. I smiled as well and looked back down at my desk.

When the teacher came into the room I immediately started to get more nervous, my palms started to sweat and I just couldn't calm my mind down.

She laid the test on my desk and I just looked at it, panicking slightly. "If I get another bad grade.." I gulped, trying to calm down.

"Come on Muichiro, calm down.. you think of those things Genya told you.." I thought and grabbed my pen.

3 days later

Another class started, it was the day we were supposed to get our grades. I was really stressed about it, not knowing if I would end up passing or failing once again.

I tried.. I really tried and if I fail again I don't know what I am going to do.. with this terrible memory how can I even go to college?!

Well, forget about college, who knows if I'll even graduate.

I watched the teacher, slowly walking around class, handing us our tests. I saw her walking towards me. My heart was beating so fast, I was praying that I would get a decent grade.

She laid it on my desk and I slowly looked at it. My eyes widened. "B.. a B!" I thought, being really happy about finally getting a good grade.

I couldn't stop smiling, I stared at the test, still not being able to believe I did it. I looked up to see Genya looking at me.

He pointed down at his test, probably signaling me to show mine. I lifted up the paper and showed him. He smiled and gave me a thumbs up.

When the class ended Genya immediately went towards me and said "I told you you can do it, good job"

I smiled and thanked him.

"Do you still need me to tutor you?" He asked and I nodded repeatedly "mhm, I still have a lot of things I don't understand or can't really remember, so yes, if you don't mind"

"Of course I don't mind, by tutoring you I also make myself remember most of the things which means when I end with your tutoring, I don't need to study for the test anymore, which is great"

I nodded "I am glad.. there are a couple things I don't understand in chemistry, do you have time after school? Or tomorrow?"

"Oh I can't today but I do have time tomorrow, we can meet up anytime"

"Alright"

We both stayed quiet for a minute before Genya spoke up again "so.. can I get your phone number?"

"My phone number?.. ehm.. sure" I said and gave him my phone number "splendid, I'll text you later to talk about the tutoring tomorrow" he said.

"Alright" I replied simply with a smile before Genya left.

...

Word count : 1073

Chapter by : Muichiro0san