Mary Earps | International break

y/n PoV

Hello, my name is Y/n Y/l/n i'm 29 years old and I'm from Norwich, I'm a defender and I currently play for Arsenal, I transferred to Arsenal from Barcelona. I moved to Barcelona from Chelsea when I was 23. I am married to my childhood sweetheart Jack we have two kids, Lily aged 5 and Oscar aged 3, they were both Barcelona and speak Spanish but speak perfect English as I sent them to a English speaking school. The reason I moved back to England was because both my parents and Jacks parents aren't getting any younger and they haven't seen much of the kids so we decided it was time to move back home, but also I wanted to play for WSL again but this time for Arsenal, I have always wanted to play for this club and have been a die hard fan since I was born.

I'm best friends with Leah Williamson and Beth Mead, we first met on International camp and soon bonded over Arsenal. I am also best friends with Manchester United's goal keeper Mary Earps, we have been best friends since under 15's, she has always convinced me to come to United but being a Arsenal fan I could never do that to myself it was bad enough that I played for Chelsea but that was by choice as at the time the only clubs that had offered my a contract was Liverpool and Chelsea.

Why did I move to Barcelona you may ask? Well I had just married Jack and we were on our Honeymoon in Barcelona we had visited Camp Nou and even watched a game both mens and womens game. My contract with Chelsea was coming to an end and whilst I was with Chelsea for those 4 years I barely saw any game time except for the first year. I didn't particularly enjoy my time at Chelsea. The first year was fantastic, I was starting every game and even captained a game or two during that year, that was until half way through the season I tore my ACL which of course is a season ending injury. During my time off with Injury I had attended rehab, met new players who had signed with the club and when I returned to the club and was able to play again, which was the beginning of the season when I returned Emma had started me a few times until that stopped and I was only getting game time the last 10 minutes of the game. I think I saw more of the bench than anything. I was soon not becoming a huge fan of Emma's I thought she was arrogant and had her favourites and clearly I was not one of them. I had become close to Millie Bright we would train together and hang out during our down time and she even knew my distress about not getting much game time, but luckily this didn't effect me getting selected for any international breaks. I was selected for the World cup in Canada me and Fran Kirby were the Youngest in the Squad Fran being older than me than only a few months. However that tournament Mary wasn't with me, she had been with me during most of my England camps and had always been my room mate.

Then in 2017 that's when I moved to Barcelona, Chelsea had came to me and told me that they were putting me up for a Transfer as the club weren't going to pay me if I wasn't playing, of course I wasn't getting paid much so I still had another job to keep me going, Jack had a good paying job as a Lawyer but I still felt the need to help with the bills and the wage I was on was doing nothing, thats when Barcelona came in with a £150,000 bid which was the highest bid any club has made in Women's football, at the time I didn't understand why a club would bid that much for a player who didn't get paid much. So I took the leap of faith and packed everything up and moved to Barcelona, Mary wasn't happy of course but we called every day kept each other updated.

Anyway on with the story I haven't seen Mary since the 2019 world cup in France, we have of course face-timed each other every other day and she asks about the kids and vice versa the kids ask about her especially Lily as Mary is her godmother and she misses her Auntie Mary. I officially start playing for Arsenal next season which is exciting and signed my contract ect the other day and introduced my kids to the Squad. Oscar love Katie McCabe he thinks she's so cool and adores her.

Now it's international break now I missed on the last camp due to Injury which was a shame but the girls did amazing winning the tournament I of course watched every game when I could.

Now Mary didn't know that I was going to be at camp for the summer, I asked Sarina to not put me on the squad list until I had arrived at camp to see Mary, Jack and the kids were dropping me off before I left them for a few weeks.

We had arrived at St George's the kids were upset and didn't want me to go "when are you going to be back mummy" Oscar asked "in august I'll be back for your birthday and I promise to calm you every night before bed, and you will come and see me when we have games" I said "yeah I don't want you to go" lily said "it's ok daddy will look after you and nanny and grandad and I'll be home before you know it, now give me a hug and a big love" i said as I pulled them both in for a hug, I looked at Jack gave him a kiss and a hug before grabbing my bags and heading into the  building.

Once I was in the building I didn't turn back to see Jack and the kids leave cause I know I would cry. "Hello, y/n glad to have you here" Sarina said "thank you for selecting me" I said "it was a shame we didn't have you at the last camp, but your here now so that's what matters" she said "that's very true, is Mary here yet" I asked "she isn't no, but your sharing with her so you can just go to your rooms" Sarina said "okie" I said and grabbed my bags and headed up to my room. Whilst I was on my way to my room I bumped into Leah and Beth "OMG Y/N YOUR HERE" Leah shouted as the both of them ran over to me and pulled me in for a hug "I have missed you so much"Beth said "Well you will be sick of me soon when i'm a fully fledged gunner" I said "Best decision you've made" Leah said "Oh I haven't heard the last of it from the kids, who are excited to see their Auntie Leah and Auntie Beth" I Said "oh i have missed those two" Beth said "Are you excited to see Mary" Leah asked "Yeah she doesn't know I'm here yet so when she is here, take her to the relaxation room and text me when she's in there" I said "Okie will do, I think Sarina has just texted me to say she is here so we will go down and do that" Leah said "Okie see you soon" I said 

Mary's Pov

I had just arrived at camp, knowing that the majority of people who had been called up were the usual people but there was one more person who was joining us and none of us knew I called Y/n thinking it was her but she said it wasn't as she was doing pre-season with Arsenal but she would be watching the games and maybe even coming to some.

"Hello everyone" I said as I walked into the reception "Hello, Mazza come to the relaxation room it's been done up" Leah said as I followed her to the room. Once we got in everyone was doing something, I walked up to Less and Ella "Hey girls" I said as I hugged them both "Hello Mazza" they both greeted "Do you know who this mystery person joining us is" I asked them "Hmmm I don't think so, haven't been told much" Less said 

"Well are you going to give me a hug or not then M" I heard a voice behind me and Instantly knew from the nickname "NO FUCKING WAY Y/N, YOU SAID YOU HAD PRESEASON" I said "A little don't hurt no one, come on we have a lot to catch up on" She said as she dragged me to what I was guessing was our room 

y/n Pov 

"So how are Jack and the kids" She asked "They're fine, had a bit of a tantrum today when I left them but other than that they are fine, excited to start school in september and to live next to our parents so they get to see their grandparents more" I said "Are you glad to be home" She asked "Yeah it's been a long time, wish I had came home sooner" I said "well it's a good thing you spent your time in Barca because you are like one of the best defenders in the world and you look better with a tan" she said 

We spent the rest of the evening catching up and unpacking, we then went for some tea then after that Sarina told us the plan for this tournement and training is at 9 tomorrow. Once we got back to our room we showered and then got into bed and put love island on, Mary was in my bed "I'm so glad you got picked for camp" she said "Me too, lets go win this thing" I said