Episode 1- Prologue

Why hello there. Welcome. Let's start this journey with a little cringe, some teeny tiny highly fictional gossip:

Once upon a time in a small town called Brampton there lived a guy named "Comet". He was the guy whom Rupa adored and loved so much it hurt. When she looked at him, he was a dream come true. Everything about him from the passion in his eyes to the tantalizing smile he always wore, drove her crazy. So crazy that every stolen glance turned into a long stare which then became a wild fantasy. You would think he was John Abraham but he's not. He's DEFINITELY not. Well he's Rupa's Prince Charming on a noble steed. Practically a Raj Kumar...I feel a song coming on...

Well anyways, back to the story. This mysterious guy named "Comet" was Rupa's very own beloved Jaan. Increased meetings with him were driving her insane. He was blind to her love. WHAT WAS WRONG WITH HIM?! Everyone but him knew how much Rupa cared about him. You can imagine the frustration she must have felt-but you'd be surprised- in Rupa's opinion this was an advantage. She didn't want him to realize her love for him not now, not ever. She was shy to admit it to him and happy to love him from afar and be his friend. THE HORROR! 😱 Would fate ever bring them together?!

On the other side of town Rupa's buddy Nimmy was getting her groove on in her own love story. It begins like a fairy tale...once upon a time...but instead of a secret love story with lovely stolen glances or increasing visits and fantasy, there was no dreaming involved. This love story was already taking place (and she didn't even tell her besties Shallu and Rupa-I mean Shallu has an inkling).

Well Nimmy's beloved admirer goes by the name Harshdip, a close family friend's son. A son with connections to Nimmy and also the hots for her. Previously childhood friends,Harshdip had realized their growing love for each other. Being from the same religion, age and race he knew their relationship must not be exposed. He thought no one would be able to handle the truth- not their friends or family- especially their parents. He didn't want their relationship to be pressured by expectations of marriage. This is why he only tried to visit and see her once or twice a year- secretly of course. He lives in Calgary so the distance was also an issue. I feel another song coming on...

As the years slowly passed, his longing grew and grew and he felt they could no longer bear to be apart. Harshdip began to get impatient. He could no longer wait to see Nimmy. Frantic he decided to visit her, to surprise her at her home during his summer holidays. OMG what will become of them?! Will they be exposed?

In the house the next street over sat me, Shalini aka Shallu aka Nimmy's sister from another mister and Rupa's close friend. What's this? Another song... wait no wait.. sigh.

Whateverrrr. Well okay I'll own it. I am single, have been for a while. I'm in my pink room, all alone, documenting my besties love stories with hope that one day I too will fall in love.

HAH!

Like that'll ever happen.

All the guys I've met are idiots and/or need a life. Model beauty, sex and no commitment are the three things a guy looks at in a girl in my experience. I'm definitely no model and definitely not down for this non-commitment ish that seems to be the norm these days. Makes me sick-and as for their declarations of love? All lies.

They talk their bull and give you bullshit 24/7 which is why I'd like to tell you I'm going to remain single for the rest of my life-at least until Nimmy gets me run over/shot/beat up/eaten- don't ask. That girl's always getting us into situations.

Everyone's always talking about their 'beloved' but I don't personally think they're all of that! Sure some are appealing to the eyes but the rest are just ugly and dumb. Fine that was mean. They're all just dumb. I don't believe in love and I don't think I ever will, unless the guy has money...hmmm $$ching ching. 🤑

Now just wait a minute! Don't be thinking I'm a gold digger or fortune hunter because I'm not. More aptly put I haven't found what everyone seems to find in their relationship. That warm gooey can't live without you feeling. Never had it. Not sure I want it. I think I'm going to succumb to an arranged marriage and die in unhappiness. My father is fond of arranged marriages. Good thing I don't listen to him though. Will I ever live happily ever after? No suspense here. Not if I'm stuck in someone thing like that. Hell to the no!

Rupa, Nimmy and I have been besties since elementary school. Three peas in a pod. We're all in our last year of our graduate programs- I'm graduating law school, Nimmy's graduating her nursing program and Rupa's in her last year of her business degree. We've been largely focused on school and working part-time and off end jobs to survive. Romances have been on simmering on the back burner -well you know not for me. I need to study for my freaking bar. Took a long time to get here not letting some man mess things up. You know?  I guess the suspense for me will be ....will I pass?! DUN DUN DUN.