Episode 2

It was Friday morning and Rupa was getting ready for final exams. All her things were ready; her bag packed, her house basically clean and only one problem remained. What was she going to wear?! So far she'd spent 20 minutes trying to pick out an outfit to attract Comet. Finally she decided to call her friends Nimmy and Shallu only to find them both already at her door. Sighing with relief she quickly asked Shallu for help.

"Omg we're going to be so late!" Rupa cried. "I still don't know what to wear! Help!"

Shallu rolled her eyes and Nimmy took a seat on Rupa's freshly made bed, seeming to be deep in thought.

After another 5 minutes Shallu successfully helped Rupa choose something to wear. A purple slightly sparkly dark purple short sleeved top and a pair of black jeans. Perfect for the warm weather, form fitting and accentuating of Rupa's skin tone and love of colour. After getting ready, they left for University. The three of them were students at YorkU. They were commuters, as were the majority of Brampton University students. They took turns driving in.

As the three made their way to the exam halls, they could see a large crowd gathered in front of Vari Hall. As they neared, Rupa could clearly make out her crush and friend Comet and another guy fighting.

Panic filled Rupa's heart and she quickly made her way to the front, pulling Nimmy and Shallu along with her. When they finally reached the front, the mystery man was about to throw a fistful punch at Comet's face.

"Noooooooo!" Rupa screamed.

Nimmy, always one for inappropriate emotional reactions, burst out laughing and Shallu stood there trying to hold Rupa back. Suddenly the mystery guy turned around. Shallu gasped and abruptly let go of Rupa who ran to Comet's aid. Nimmy fell to the floor still laughing. Angrily Shallu took a step forward towards the guy and forcefully asked "What are you doing here Dev?"

On nudging from Rupa, Nimmy stopped laughing and started walking to her first exam location. Rupa and Comet waited for Shallu to follow.

Not even waiting for a response from Dev, Shallu began to follow them inside, only to be hurtfully grabbed and pulled aside by her arm.

"Owww what the hell you asshole!" Shallu cried. "Let me go to class!"

Dev looked at her and was about to say something when Shallu interrupted and yelled at him to let her go.

Rupa turned around hearing Shallu's cry. Pulling Shallu away from Dev Rupa shouted "I don't know who the f*** you think you f****** think you are but you f****** better stay away from my man and my friend!"

Suddenly she clapped her hand over mouth realizing the truth in what she had said. Nimmy stood in the hallway frozen in shock. Shallu rubbed her arm which was aching due to Dev's death grip. About time, she thought. She wondered why Dev still existed and what he was doing here when he had classes at OttawaU. She also wondered why he was smiling like an idiot.

Comet turned around, a smug smile on his face as he spoke. "So is that the truth Rupa? The truth about the rumours? The stickers on your laptop? Your doodles in your notebook? The way you look at me?"

Rupa was blushing in embarassment. She looked down at her feet. She was a little old to be doing any of that but her feeling had to have an outlet somehow. She was an old school crush type.

Rupa was just about to deny it when Comet said "You have no idea how long I've heard to hear this Rupa! I even had to stage this fight just to get you to admit it to me." In the most dramatic filmy gesture, he held his arms wide open and said "Aaja mere jaan".

Not sparing a moment, Rupa pushed herself  into his arms. By the time they remembered where they were and the people around them and looked up from their embrace, everyone had vanished- supposedly gone to their exams. Rupa and Comet were late of course but were luckily still permitted to write.

Shallu and Nimmy had hurried off to their respective exams. Shallu of course was still wondering how Comet even knew Dev and if the arm grab was part of their plan. After all Dev knew exactly how she felt about him. She never wanted to see him again and now she had a bone to pick with Comet. What kind of stupid stunt was that? Pushing those thoughts aside she remembered that she had enough to worry about.

It was the next week after exams. Nimmy, Shallu and Rupa were chilling like villains at Nimmy's house. Being a Friday, everyone was lazily doing nothing in front of the tv. Playing music and chatting randomly.

No one had dared ask Shallu about her previous encounter with Dev. Anytime it was brought off she brushed it off or stated she didn't want to talk about it.

The doorbell rang and Shallu being the closest to the door answered it. It was Simmy aka Simmykins aka Seema to all those outside their friend circle.

Taking one look at her three friends lazing around Simmy exclaimed "What the hell are you guys doing here?!" Nimmy shrugged her shoulders, puzzled by Simmy's outburst.

"Did you guys forget? Tomorrow's the huge Desi summer graduation party! You should be out planning your outfits! I hear a lot of hot singles will be there!"

Sighing Rupa stood up. "Who needs those thirsty guys anyway? I've finally got 'Comet' and that's the only guy I want to be with now and forever. Although it's about time the three of you got some action."

Nimmy rolled her eyes. Rupa was saying this as if she had been seeing Comet for longer than a week.

"You say that now, watch after like a couple of days you two are going to be sick of each other." Simmy retaliated. "Anyways are any of you going? You HAVE to go! 'Cuz I am."

Shallu, almost choking on her glass of water declared "why would I want to go to that lame ass party only desperate guys attend them anyway."

"WHAT?" Nimmy and Simmy exclaimed at the same time.

"Okay no, do you want a slap?" Nimmy asked.

"Not really" came the abrupt reply.

"It's going to be so much fun. We deserve to party after working so hard" Nimmy continued. "...and guess what...?"

About a minute passed before Rupa asked "what?". They were all wondering what kind of new declaration Nimmy would make.

"I'M GOING TO THE DANCE WITH ABHISHEK!"