Episode 4

The dance was over and Shallu was headed home. Nimmy and Abhishek had gone home together, so had Rupa and Comet and Simmy and Harshdip. Shallu wasn't in the least bit envious. Her friends had checked in with her to make sure she'd get home safely and knew what was going on.

Shallu was exhausted and couldn't wait to get home. Take off her heels, steep some hot tea, relax watching some new movie, that was her true bliss. She walked to her door humming a tune.

Shallu was fumbling in her tiny sparkly party purse looking for her keys. She didn't hear the footsteps behind her until it was too late. Suddenly someone clamped a hand over her mouth and pushed her against the wall. Shallu tried to fight back grabbing and scratching what she could but before she knew it she was on the floor unconscious after feeling a sharp pain in her head. She was plunged into darkness, feeling pain and fear of what was to happen.

When Shallu regained consciousness she found herself in her house surrounded by Rupa, Nimmy, Fazia and Simmy. Comet was there too but he wasn't exactly her buddy of course and although she appreciated the sentiment she could care less.
There was a paramedic checking her out and a police officer ready to take her report.

Fazia who lived nearby had seen Shallu fall to the floor with a stranger standing nearby on her way home. They were dressed in dark clothing and looked like a shadow in Fazia's opinion. She had called the police and scared the stranger off by screaming that she was calling the police and approaching them before alerting the rest of the group.

After being examined and cleared by the paramedic and giving her report to the police Shallu was left with her friends.

She thanked Fazia for looking out for her and apologized for ruining the rest of her friends evenings- well early mornings as it was now almost 4am. They told her to 'Shutup' and they were glad she was safe.

"Ew ...Haahahahah" exclaimed Fazia who tried to lighten the mood. "You have a red bruise on your head. I guess I'll have to use some makeup magic to cover it up." She joked knowing Shallu despised make-up except the occasional eye liner and lipstick.

Rupa rolled her eyes and got straight to the point. "I knew we shouldn't have made you leave on your own. I know what you told the police but do you have any idea who it could've been?"

"I shouldn't have left you on your own!" Simmy interrupted her eyes averted in guilt. "We're supposed to stick together."

Suddenly they all began to talk at once speculating about what happened and who it could've been and the added security they could've taken. Nimmy even randomly tried to uplift the mood by singing if you're happy and you know it. She really tried.

Finally Shallu who was silent through this whole exchange, informed her friends "No I don't know who did this."

She lied. She had a very good idea of who had done this. A very good idea indeed.