Episode 7

Nimmy had arrived promptly at the police station after Rupa had called her briefly explaining what had happened. All it has took was "Comet is missing" to make Nimmy understand that Rupa needed help and comfort. Now she sat waiting for Rupa to exit the room in front of her. Through the tiny window to the room Nimmy could see Rupa shocked and crying. Nimmy needed a distraction as she too was on the verge of tears thinking about how Rupa felt. She started to hum.

Rupa finally emerged from the room. She was teary eyed and remained silent. When they were in the car driving home Rupa whispered "Comet is a convicted criminal". Although Nimmy was driving she looked over at Rupa her eyes wide with shock. She had so many questions.
———
Shallu sped out of the law office parking lot half happy and excited but also angry and worried. She had gotten the job- yes that was an advantage but the disadvantage was that she had to agree to his terms. It was a lie to say he didn't remember her. He did and what he remembered was not good at all. He had asked her personal questions and made it clear that he was already in a committed relationship, in fact he was married. He had used a condescending tone to clearly tell her that their relationship was strictly platonic, a working relationship and nothing more. Shallu was livid and embarrassed- more livid than anything. Of course they would have a strict working relationship. She wasn't anything but professional.

Shallu had told him this straight to his face. Forgetting all her embarrassment in the meeting and overcome with rage she had stood up and said "listen you typical ego centric man child. What made you even think for a second I wanted to be in a relationship with you? Just because I had a crush on you years ago? Get over yourself."

With that she had stormed out. She was sure she had also knocked over those damn pens again when she swung her bag onto her shoulder. She refused to acknowledge what she had felt when first laying eyes on Felix and pushed it to the back of her mind. He was a total arrogant jerk. Fuming, she had been starting her car when his secretary called to tell her she had gotten the job. She was puzzled and slightly wary that she would have to work with the jerk. She was also thrilled that she would be getting the experience she deserved at the firm. Small price to pay, she thought.
——-
The following month Simmy had an important announcement to make. Taking a deep breath she exclaimed in a squeaky tone, "Guys I'm engaged!!"

"Congratulations!" was the reply in unison from Rupa, Shallu and Nimmy. "Tell us all the details!"

Simmy started to describe their whirlwind romance. Apparently they had been spending every moment together and had gone away for the weekend to Niagara Falls where he had their hotel room filled with 100 long stemmed white roses. He had also played their song:

Simmy showed off her ring and started listing out all the wedding planning they would have to do, and her ideas. Rupa and Nimmy were so caught up in the excitement that no one noticed Shallu passing out on the couch in exhaustion. She had been working long hours the past few weeks and they were finally taking a toll.