Episode 3

It was 9:00 am on Saturday, the day of the party. Usually a late sleeper Nimmy was already up, getting ready for a full day of shopping. As she got dressed Nimmy knew what her goal today would be- to show Abhishek  her true feelings for him and see if he also felt the same way. Unable to conceal her growing anticipation, she hurried out the door, leaving everything on the floor and knocking over the garbage can on the way out. The previous day Rupa, Nimmy and Simmy made plans to go shopping and splurge on their outfits for the party  and then at 5 pm meet at Shallu's to get ready for the dance and leave "together". Shallu refused to go shopping.

In reality Comet was picking Rupa up, Abhishek was picking Nimmy up and Simmy and Shallu were supposedly going to arrive together, being single as they were.

Upon reaching the mall, Bramalea City Centre of course, the group (including Shallu as she was bored and literally dragged out with them) spotted a new store called 'Chikka Boutique'. The store was filled with gorgeous gowns and embroidered clothing all handmade from countries such as Spain and India (one of the owners also being Indian). The store was perfect given that the party was Hindi cinema themed. Rupa and Nimmy immediately spotted the perfect outfits for them. Rupa chose a simple satin purple Indian suit- purple being her favourite colour and the perfect way to commemorate the outfit she'd been wearing the day she and Comet finally got together. It was now her lucky colour.

Nimmy chose a heavily embroidered black lengha which made her feel good and had just the right amount of flash. She was also sure that Abhishek would take notice of it. He loved traditional attire and had a keen eye for detail.

Shallu and Simmy were having no luck.

Simmy loved all the outfits she tried on as opposed to Shallu who refused to try on anything. Finally Simmy decided on a turquoise suit with silver accents on the neck and sleeves.

Another half hour was spent with Rupa, Nimmy and Simmy threatening Shallu into trying on and purchasing an outfit as well as forcing her to go to the dance using emotional blackmail. In the end, Shallu decided on a dark blue silk top with white stitching  all around it. She decided she was going to pair it with jeans in rebellion to going to the party and some bangles- maybe if she was feeling fancy.

Almost immediately after the purchase, the girls headed to Shallu's where they only had half an hour to get ready. As they drove away from the mall they were too busy talking with excitement to notice the black Mazda following them all the way to Shallu's.

The Party 🥳

At the party the girls were getting their moves on. Rupa and Comet were slow dancing through all the songs be it slow or fast paced. They were stealing all the attention on the dance floor and didn't have a clue all eyes were on them. The singles at the party stared in envy and those with someone were seemingly jealous of the passion they shared and dedication to just each other.

While the girls were at the party, Harshdip had finally reached Brampton and arrived at Nimmy's home where he was informed by her roommate Swathi that she had gone to the dance. Truth be told he hadn't seen her for months because of their distance. He knew that she was his soulmate. They had this unspoken bond and he knew she was into him the way he was into her. She met him secretly after all.

Hmm, he thought. I guess I should meet her at the party instead.

After finding out the address to the party, he decided to go there to surprise her. Speeding down the highway much over the speed limit, the only thing on his mind was how delighted and excited she would be to see him. He parked in a rush and headed inside, not expecting the party to be as crowded as it was. His heart was pounding, almost in sync to the song blasting overhead. It was going to be difficult to find her.

Just as he was about to give up he spotted Shallu with a friend he didn't recognize. He started heading over to them when he spotted Nimmy on the crowded dance floor. He began making his way to her and then suddenly stopped.  He grabbed a drink from a nearby table and despite the owner's protest downed it in one gulp, his anger rising. He looked towards Nimmy again. He had been right the first time. His chest tightened as he watched her with her arms wrapped around the guy in front of her. Harshdip tried to control his anger. He knew he couldn't do anything violent that he would regret. Despite his rationality the fury in him was building, he could no longer see straight. His tight grip on the glass he was holding suddenly caused it to crack.

Remembering to breathe, he turned away and absent-mindedly headed towards Shallu's table and took a seat nearby. He needed to cool off. He asked the waiter for a water. Drinking it did not douse the fire and fury in his heart. He felt played and made to look like a fool. He thought their past moments had meant more than they did obviously. He was disgusted that he had turned others away thinking that he was with Nimmy and even more disgusted that she would do this to him. Who was this guy even? He decided he didn't care.

In a sudden moment of clarity he knew the only way to ease his pain and feelings of being hurt was...revenge. Feeling satisfied with his decision he looked up. Shallu was absorbed in the conversation with her friend and did not notice him. How they could hear each other was a mystery to him.

Her friend obviously had noticed him though despite her conversation with Shallu. He caught her trying to steal glances at him, she was blushing when his eyes locked with hers. His instincts were right, from reading the expression in her eyes he could tell she found him attractive. Suddenly he knew how he was going to get his revenge. Smiling he stood up and approached them.

"Hey Shalini! What a surprise to see you here" he shouted over the music.

Shallu turned to him. Harshdip was definitely not a friend of hers. She knew he was up to something. She had always been wary of this guy. She was wary of most guys actually but something about Harshdip made her hesitant even though they had only met once or twice and not very recently.

"Hi...Harshdip? What are you doing in Brampton?" She yelled back over the music. 

"I just came to visit...a few friends." He replied.

"Who's your beautiful friend?" He asked turning to Simmy.

So that's why he came over Shallu though. He wants to make moves on Simmy. Glancing at Simmy it was obvious she liked him too. Look at her staring at him with starry eyes practically drooling all over herself.

"Harshdip meet  Seema, Seema meet Harshdip"

Shallu then excused herself  to give  them some time to get acquanted especially as Simmy kept making eyes at her to let them be. The unspoken girl code eyes.

Shallu glanced at Nimmy on the dance floor holding tightly onto Abhishek. She dismissed any concerns that her friend would be upset at the introduction given that she seemed absorbed in Abhishek in recent weeks.

Shallu spotted her friend Fazia and went to talk to her. She breathed a sigh of relief. The last thing she wanted was to be the third wheel in a romance.

Rupa who had been sitting with Comet at a nearby table had watched the whole exchange. She had seen how Harshdip had looked at Nimmy. If anyone could see love it was her. She found it disbelieving when he suddenly started showing interest in Simmy. Something was going on. She'd have to talk to
Shallu about this and get to the bottom of it. She knew that he was was at least friends with Nimmy and was curious to know if anything had secretly developed.

That was something for later though, she decided looking into Comet's eyes. Right now, nothing else mattered.